Tenerife Hiking Rally
The alpine world of the ,Sun Island’.
On the balcony path through ample vegetation you enjoy amazing views over wide valleys, the coast of Santa Cruz, Anaga mountain range as far as Gran Canaria. In the middle of Esperanza forest you have a picnic with homemade tapas.
Today you explore the Teide National Park up on 2.000 m a.s.l. Enjoy a walk in the caldera of the volcano with eruptive lava, as well as at the foot of the steep volcano. The breath-taking volcano landscape, colourful stones and the view onto mountain Teide will inspire you.
Walking tour with fantastic views into the Anage mountains with its steep hillsides, lonesome houses and villages. The route leads you through the rural cloud forest of Tenerife, later you walk along a panorama path to a small cave village. A few inhabitants still live in caves here today.
Tiny village Masca is the starting point of today with its spectacular rock formation. At a lovely natural beach (possibility to swim) at the end of the gorge a boat waits for you to bring you to Los Gigantes, where you can see dolphins with a bit of luck.
Hike through the remote valley of Afur, which radiates a very special atmosphere. Fragrant wild herbs along the scenic trails through the Anaga Mountains, always overlooking the Roque Negro, the mythical black rocks of the indigenous people of Tenerife. The day ends with a stop in a traditional restaurant.
An easy walk through one of the most beautiful landscapes of the island. Along the north coast the protected landscape of Rambla de Castro is located. In this area you will have wonderful views onto the steep coast. Your walk leads to an idyllic palm grove. This steep coast path offers many extrems – just as Tenerife itself.
Spectacular walk in Teno-mountain range. You walk on a balcony path with splendid views on Masca, Teide and the neighbour islands La Palma and La Gomera. The path gets you close to a natural phenomenon – the meteorological devide – to the right the cloudy, green north and to the left the sunny, dry south.
Easy to medium walking tours. Only the Masca-gorge and the Teide (due to the height) are demanding hikes. You should have a basic fitness level for comfortable walking tours up to 4 hours.
Category: see "Accommodation"
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- 7x evening meals
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- 1x tapas
- 6x guided walks
- Transfers according to program
- Transfer from/to the airport Tenerife South or Nord
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- Service hotline
Arrival / Departure:
- Airport Tenerife North or South.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- The participants of the daily walking tours form every day new, therefore no minimum group size has to be reached.
- The tours may be changed due to weather conditions and daily alternative routes are possible.
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
Hotel Puerto Palace
Pretty and comfortable 4**** star hotel in Puerto de la Cruz.