The World’s Smallest Mountain Region.
- 9 Days / 8 Nights
- Guided group tour
- Minimum of participants: 6 (to max. 12 people)
Arrival in Prague
Visit the beautiful town of Prague on your own terms. Late evening group train journey to Strba in Slovakia, where you will spend the next 3 nights.
After breakfast and replenishing break you ascend by cog railwail to Strbske Pleso up at 1,355 m. After that a short walk to ‚Solisko hut’ at 1,840 m on th southern slope of Predné Solisko.
Todays tour takes you to the waterfall Skok at 1,710 m and to the mountain lake Capie pleso. Accompanied by fantastic views on the the snow covered fields of the mountains.
Walk to the mountain lake Popradske pleso and to the Rysy hut, the highest situated cabin in Slovakia and which sits on top of the everlasting snow and ice.
Train journey to Tatranska Lomnica, where you will spend the next two nights. This walk leads to the river Lomnicky Stit. Optional ‚climb’ to the summit by cable car. Then descend to the spa and wellness town of Stary Smokovec. Magestic waterfalls plunge cascading into the valley.
Walking tour in one of the most amazing valleys of the High Tatra called ‚Zelene’ valley. This part of the High Tatra was closed off for more than 10 years to protect the flora and fauna. Today, however with certain restrictions, this precious area is accessible again. Dinner awaits in a traditional Slovakian wooden cabin.
Visit the impressive castle of Spissky/Zipser, part of the UNESCO World Heritage, and Levoca/Leutschau’s historic old part of town. It is renowned for being Slovakia’s most beautiful and historic city. After dinner in Poprad’s town center you take the overnight train to Prague.
Guided Tour in Prague
After checking into your hotel and breakfast, you enjoy a guided tour through this wonderful metropolis. Followed by dinner in the amazing old part of town.
Departure or extension
Characteristics of the route
You walk on natural trails with ascents only steep in parts. Tours require surefootedness, a head for heights and a good fitness level especially for walks averaging 6 hours. Variations in altitude from 300 up to 1,100m to be expected.
| Season 1 |
04.07.2020 | 18.07.2020 | 01.08.2020 | 15.08.2020 |
|High Tatra 9 days, SK-HTWPR-09G|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||189.00|
Category: 6x 3***- hotels and B&Bs, 2x overnight train journey - couchette
| Season 1 |
Jul 4, 2020 | Jul 18, 2020 | Aug 1, 2020 | Aug 15, 2020 |
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||49.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||94.00|
- 8 overnight stays in selceted category as stated, breakfast included
- 6x evening meal (Strba, Tatranska Lomnica, Levoca, Prag)
- 1x traditional evening meal special “Koliba”
- Luggage transfer
- Transfers according to itinerary
- Train fare from Prag to Strba at arrival
- Train fare from Poprad to Prag at departure
- Guided tour Prag (German, English)
- Experienced tour guide (German, English)
- Carefully elaborated route instructions
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- Service hotline
Arrival / Departure:
- Train station or airport Prague. Late evening by overnight train with other walking group members and the tour guide to Strba in Slovakia, takes approx. 8 hours. Train ride from Prag to Strba included in price.
- Return journey by overnight train from Poprad to Prague, included in price.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Cable car fares, approx. EUR 5 per person
- Packed lunch, approx. EUR 5 per person and day
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!