The World’s Smallest Mountain Region.
- 9 Days / 8 Nights
- Guided group tour
Individual journey to Prague
After breakfast and replenishing break you ascend by cog railwail to Strbske Pleso up at 1355 m. After that a short walk to ‚Solisko hut’ at 1840m on th southern slope of Predné Solisko.
Todays tour takes you to the waterfall Skok at 1710m and to the mountain lake Capie pleso. Accompanied by fantastic views on the the snow covered fields of the mountains.
Walk to the mountain lake Popradske pleso and to the Rysy hut, the highest situated cabin in Slovakia and which sits on top of the everlasting snow and ice.
Train journey to Tatranska Lomnica, where you will spend the next two nights. This walk leads to the river Lomnicky Stit. Optional ‚climb’ to the summit by cable car. Then descend to the spa and wellness town of Stary Smokovec. Magestic waterfalls plunge cascading into the valley.
Walking tour in one of the most amazing valleys of the High Tatra called ‚Zelene’ valley. This part of the High Tatra was closed off for more than 10 years to protect the flora and fauna. Today, however with certain restrictions, this precious area is accessible again. Dinner awaits in a traditional slovakian wooden cabin.
Visit the impressive castle of Spissky/Zipser, part of the UNESCO World Heritage, and Levoca/Leutschau’s historic old part of town. It is renowned for being Slovakia’s most beautiful and historic city. After dinner in Poprad’s town centre you take the overnight train to Prague.
Guided Tour in Prague
After checking into your hotel and breakfast, you enjoy a guided tour through this wonderful metropolis. Followed by dinner in the amazing old part of town.
Individual departure or extra days
You walk on natural trails with ascents only steep in parts. Tours require surefootedness, a head for heights and a good fitness level especially for walks averaging 6 hours. Variations in altitude from 300 up to 1100m to be expected.
|Jul 28, 2018
|Aug 11, 2018
|Aug 25, 2018
Category: 6x 2**- & 3***- hotels and B&Bs (Prague 3***-hotel), 2x overnight train journey- couchette
- 8 overnight stays in selceted category
- 6 x half board
- 1 x traditional evening meal special “Koliba”
- Luggage transfer
- Transfers according to itinerary
- Train fare from Prag to Strba
- Train fare from Poprad to Prag
- Guided tour Prag
- Experienced German-speaking tour guide
- Carefully elaborated route instructions
Arrival / Departure
- Train station or airport Prague. At approx. midnight by overnight train with other walking group members to Strba in Slovakia, takes approx. 8 hours. Train ride from Prag to Strba included in price.
- Return journey by overnight train from Poprad to Prague, included in price.
- Group size: min. 6 to max. 12 people
- Cable car fare approx. EUR 5 per person is not included