Arrival in Tavira
Arrival at Faro and transfer to Tavira. This little coastal town has a very long and beautiful sandy beach to offer, the town centre is full of interesting buildings and is home of a fish market, which we highly recommend.
A comfortable walk along the coast, starting in the old village of Velha, takes you along deserted paths to the charming fishing village Cabanas. There fishing is still in full swing and an ideal lunch place to enjoy observing the busy life on the water. Through several salt pans, in which numerous wild animals dwell, you walk back to Tavira.
To the West of Tavira you find the fishing village Fuzeta, the starting point of your tour. You walk through salt pans, past little villages with colorful houses and gardens. We recommend you enjoy a nice break in one of the little cafés along the banks of the quietly flowing river Ria.
For the finale of your week of walking along the Algarve, you discover the island of Tavira, home of the region’s most beautiful sandy beaches and the extensive nature reserve Ria Formosa. It is true holiday bliss to amble along these beaches and marvel at little fishing villages like Santa Luzia, where countless fishing boats are bobbing gently up and down on the waters of the canal.
Departure or extra days
Daily tours with a walking time between 3 and a maximum of 4.5 hours can easily be managed with a good basic fitness level. You walk on walking paths and forest trails through unspoiled nature in the Algarve region and its nature reserves.
| Season 1 |
07.01.2023 - 26.03.2023
30.10.2023 - 10.12.2023
| Season 2 |
27.03.2023 - 28.05.2023
25.09.2023 - 29.10.2023
| Season 3 |
29.05.2023 - 24.09.2023
|Algarve Hiking Rally, 5 days, PO-AGWTA-05X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge half board 4x||115.00||115.00||115.00|
|Surcharge single room||179.00||249.00||339.00|
|Surcharge pool view||109.00||109.00||109.00|
Category: You spend the night in specially selected hotels with special "extras" and can enjoy all the facilities of the charming accommodations (see "Accommodation").
- Accommodation in Hotel Maria Nova Lounge 4****
- Transfers according to program
- Transfer from/to airport or train station Faro
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- App for Navigation and GPS-data available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal of the rich hotel buffet
Arrival / Departure:
- Faro airport. Organized transfer to start hotel and return transfer to the airport at the end of the tour. Transfers included in tour price.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Special dates on request
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!