Itinerary at a glance
Discover the numerous sights of the city such as the arena, Romeo and Juliet’s balcony and many more during a stroll through Verona.
Before you start your walking tour, we recommend a detour to the ‚Castel San Pietro’, from where you have a wonderful view over the entire city, the Valpolicella area and also Lake Garda. You start your week of walking westbound, along the river Etsch past the seven bridges which connect both riverbanks in the old part of town. Parona is a former river port and gateway to the Valpolicella.
Today’s tour leads you into the heart of the Valpolicella. Enjoy this impressive route through vineyards and along monuments of Romanesque architecture. You walk through little villages such as Corrubbio, San Floriano and San Pietro in Cariano, before you arrive at Fumane.
All year round this area offers a unique spectrum of colours and scents: starting with the cherry blossoms covering the green hills in a white blanket. With the arrival of summer the cherries are ripe and in autumn the golden season has started with the grape and olive harvest. We recommend you visit the Botanical Museum or/and the waterfall park of Molina. Alternatively seize one of the countless wine cellars and taste the Amarone and Valpolicella wines.
After a visit to the village of Gargagnago you walk up the hill and at the very top reach the enchanting village San Giorgio di Valpolicella. When you visit the ‚Pieve’ you enjoy a view onto the Valpolicella on the one side and a view onto Lake Garda on the other side. Onwards via Ponton, the centre of marble workmanship, to Sega di Cavaion, located only a few kilometres away from the lake.
A comfortable walking tour downhill through a wonderful lake scene takes you to Bardolino, one of the most characteristic villages on the shore of Lake Garda. Do not miss a visit to the church San Zeno, a famous example of an historic monument of Carlovingian origins.
Towards the end of your walking holiday you can either relax properly and spend the day swimming and chilling on Lake Garda or you seize the day for a ferry-trip to Sirmione, the ‚pearl of Lake Garda’. There is also a walking tour through vineyards and meadows with marvellous mountain panorama to Lazise on offer.
The route takes you comfortably along walking paths, paths across meadows and forest paths, as well as along asphalted sections through the gentle rolling scenery of the Valpolicella. For each daily tour a basic fitness level is required.
Prices and dates
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accomodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS-data available
- Service hotline
- Guided tour Verona (approx. 2 hours) EUR 170 per guided tour (German, English)
- Guided tour at a winery with wine tasting EUR 25 per person (English)
- Guided tour at an olive oil manufacturer with olive oil tasting EUR 25 per person (English)
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Arrival by train at Verona.
- Verona airport and by bus to the train station Porta Nuova. Duration approx. 20 minutes.
- Parking: public car park near the hotel, free of charge, no reservation possible.
- Return journey from Bardolino by bus directly to the train station Porta Nuova or to Catullo airport to Verona.
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Note: Reservation for all optional services when booking, payable in advance
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.