Connemara & Burren 8 days
Wild west of Ireland.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Guided group tour
About 60 kilometres southwest of Galway lies the well-known village of Doolin, with a thriving music scene and the starting point of your one-week walking tour through the most beautiful part of West Ireland.
Walk along the coast to the best-known cliffs in Ireland, the Cliffs of Moher. We recommend you enjoy from the O’Brien’s Tower the most impressive view onto these steep rugged cliffs and this nature monument. Already on the way there, you will have spectacular views. Once back in Doolin you can look forward to ‚live-music’ in pubs, where you will find a session nearly every day during the summer months
A little ferry takes you from Doolin to Inishmore, the biggest of the three Aran Islands, the so-called ‚Silent Islands’, situated just off the coast of Galway. Behind this mythical name are unique geological rock formations, called ‚carst fields’, which you will come across during your 4-hour walk on the island as well as old stone fortresses and deserted beaches. On the Aran Islands Gaelic culture and language has always been especially cherished.
After breakfast you take the ferry to Connemara and Rossaveel. After that you proceed further on to Cong, one of the most beautiful villages of Ireland. Congs‘ „Ashford Castle“ has housed many Hollywood celebreties, you walk on through Cong Forest to your next accommodation.
Circular Walk ‚Benlevy’
Today’s tour in the Connemara Mountains takes you on top of mount Benlevy and consequently into the middle of the typical mountain world of this region, with hill moors, a deserted village and remote mountain lakes.
Your path leads to the Killary Harbour Fjord. Walk along a so-called ‚Greenroad’, which leads you directly along the coastline of the fjord up to 185 meters. You will come across relicts of the past, deserted villages, sacred springs and ‚lazy beds’ (remains of old potato fields), which are vivid historic testimony to the big famine in the mid 19th century.
The mountain village Leenane is situated directly at Killary Harbour, a fjord deeply carved into the mountains. The route takes you first along the Leenane Hills, up into the mountains to an altitude of 600 metres. In the Maamturk Mountains you can enjoy fabulous views onto the surrounding mountainous world.
The terrain is easy, for daily tours of up to 5 hours a good basic fitness level is required. Beautiful walks with great panoramic views along both the coast and in-land.
Category: mid-range hotels, guest houses
Extra nights upon request!
- 7 overnight stays as mentioned above
- 6x half board
- Luggage transfer
- Experienced English-speaking tour guide
- Carefully elaborated route instructions
Arrival / Departure
- Airport Dublin and then collective transfer to Doolin departing at 14:30/EUR 33 or 18:30/EUR 45, duration approx. 4.5 hours.
- Airport Knock or Shannon and then collective transfer to Doolin, upon request (minimum 2 persons), cost EUR 45 per person.
- Return journey to Dublin airport via collective transfer, departing at 05:00 & 09:15/EUR 45 or 13:00/EUR 33, duration approx. 4 hours (arrival time at the airport Dublin).
- Return journey to Knock, Galway or Shannon airport via collective transfer (minimum 2 persons), cost EUR 45 per person.
- For all transfers pre-booking is required, prices are per person and payable in advance.
- Attendance: max. 16 persons (performance guarantee)
- With arrival on 02.07./09.07./06.08. the the tour has a slightly different itinerary, details on request
- The tour is only performed in German language