Santorini Hiking Rally
Radiant pearl of the Aegean.
Arrival at Santorini and transfer to Kamari. A chance to explore this little village located at the Aegean Sea with a black beach.
Round trip to Perissa
In Kamari you start your ascent onto Mount Mesa Vouno, where you can visit the ruins of the archeological site of Old-Thira. After that you descend to Perissa, best-known for the black sandy beach and traditional taverns. Return journey either by fishing boat or by bus, you choose.
Round trip Crater
After a short bus journey to Fira you walk along the caldera via Imerovigli towards Oia. Every step you take you have the most spectacular picture postcard motives and stunning views. Once in Oia, we recommed you take time to explore this romantic little village, before you take the bus back to your hotel.
In the morning transfer onto the highest mountain of the island, Mount Profitis Elias. From here you walk along a fabulous path with amazing views all the way to the traditional village of Pyrgos, where you have the option of visiting the medieval castle ruins. The route takes you back to Kamari via Mesa Gonia. Do not forget to pay the oldest church on the island, Panagia Episkopi, a visit.
Round trip to Vlychada
From Pyrgos you walk past the island’s vineyards to Vlychada, where you can marvel at the breathtaking views of pumice stone formations. We recommend you take a plunge into the refreshing waters before returning to your hotel.
The start of this tour is the town of Akrotiri, which was buried by several volcanic eruptions, and we highly recommend a visit to the excavation sites. From here the route leads you across the ‚Red Beach’, offering a fabulous photo backdrop, towards the lighthouse. Errected in 1811 at the southernmost cape, it still offers seafareres a safe passage and visitors alike a stunning view onto the Aegean Sea. Transfer to Kamari.
After a short boat ride to Korfos harbour, you begin your ascent to Manolas, an authentic village still unspoilt by tourism. Then across country over to Akrillia, a now deserted village with cave dwellings and a beautiful old church. After that you walk along the only road of the island to Riva harbour, from where you take the ferry back to Kamari.
Departure or extension
Characteristics of the route
Daily routes lead along well-maintained walking paths with a maximum of 4 hours walking time per day. The tours only require a basic fitness level. This Santorini walking holiday offers a perfect mix of amazing views onto the Aegean Sea, culture and relaxation.
| Season 1 |
01.05.2023 - 31.05.2023
01.10.2023 - 31.10.2023
| Season 2 |
01.06.2023 - 30.06.2023
01.09.2023 - 30.09.2023
|Santorini hiking rally, 8 days, GR-SAWKA-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge half board||155.00||155.00|
|Surcharge single room||339.00||379.00|
Category: see ‘detailed information’
Extra nights upon request
| Season 1 |
May 1, 2023 - May 31, 2023
Oct 1, 2023 - Oct 31, 2023
| Season 2 |
Jun 1, 2023 - Jun 30, 2023
Sep 1, 2023 - Sep 30, 2023
|Surcharge single room||39.00|
|Surcharge single room||55.00|
- Overnight stay in hotel Matina 3***
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Transfers according to the program
- Transfers from/to airport or ferry port Santorini
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- Service hotline
- For half board dinner (multi course)
Arrival / Departure:
- Airport Santorini or Athens. From Piräus by ferry (www.gtp.gr) to Santorini in approx. 7 hours.
- By plane also onto other islands of the Cyclades possible, i.e. Crete or Rhodes and then by ferry to Santorini.
- Organised transfer to the start hotel and return transfer to the airport or ferry port at the end of the tour. Transfers are included in the price.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Bus or ferry fares not included, approx. EUR 25 per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!