Collioure - Cadaquès
From France to Spain: experience coastal and mountain views
Arrival in Collioure
Collioure welcomes you with an old, picturesque fishing harbour, colourful facades and on the rising grounds you find the renowned vineyards of Collioure.
You walk past the royal palace, between stone walls and cork oak forests to the fortress St. Elme, from where you enjoy a stunning view onto Collioure. Then onwards through Macchia and along the vineyards you preceed to the Tower of Madeloc, where a breathtaking panorama onto the coast and the Roussillon-plains await. Overnight stay in Banyuls, the most Southern sea resort in France.
From Banyuls to Cerbère
The route winds uphill again through vineyards to mountain crests covered in greenery. The tour then leads you with amazing views onto the coast and the mountain tops past the Puig Joan to the ‚Tour de Querroig’, a proud peak on the border with ruins of a signalling tower. You now descend on the Spanish side of the coast headed towards Cerbère.
From Cerbère to Llança
Walk from Cerbère to Portbou. From there you walk along the sea along numerous rock bays called „calas“, and after that you head for the mountains again, where you walk over the Puig Tiffel with a view onto the nature park ‚Cap de Creus’ and the Albères steeped in sunlight. Llança awaits you with radient white houses, a marvellous location on top of a ledge and a lively old part of town.
Already spoilt by numerous panoramic views during the past hiking days, today you get to enjoy an absolut hightlight with the tour to the monastery of San Père de Rodes! The view from the monastery is simply grandiose: blue coastline, little villages, the wild Cap de Creus and the Pyrenees far in the distance as a backdrop. The Romanesque Benedictine monastery is one of the most significant buildings of the Costa Brava.
Across the wild and rugged expanse of the nature park Cap de Creus you reach the utmost point of the Cape with a lighthouse, which is also the most Eastern point of the Iberian Peninsula. The former residence of the painter Salvador Dali is also located en route to Cadaquès, as well as countless craggy rock bays. The fishing village of Cadaquès enchants with its whitewashed houses and winding alleyways. You get to leisurely toast the end of your hiking week with a glass of wine and a seaview.
Departure or extension
Characteristics of the route
Daily routes lead you along well-maintained hiking paths, which can easily be tackled with a basic fitness level. The tours are planned in such a way that plenty of time remains to visit vineyard estates along the way. Every day you choose between a mountain hike or a coastal walk. We describe the mountain hike in each case, only on the final day we recommend the coastal walk!
Category A: 1x 4****-hotel, 4x 3***-hotels, 1x 2**-Hotel (French classifying)
Category B: 5x 3***-hotels, 1x 2**-hotel (French classifying)
- 6x overnight stays in selected category, breakfast included
- 6x evening meal
- Luggage transfer
- Return transfer Cadaqués - Collioure
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Barcelona Airport. By bus/metro into the centre and then further by train from the main train station (Sants) to Collioure (www.sncf.com), approx. 3 hours (1x change of trains).
- Airport Perpignan-Rivesaltes. By bus into the centre and further by train to Collioure, approx. 30 minutes.
- Arrival by train via Perpignan to Collioure.
- Parking: public parking spaces in Collioure, approx. EUR 45 per week, no reservation possible.
- Organised return transfer from Cadaquès to Collioure included in the price.
- Return journey from Cadaqués to Figueres by bus in approx. 1 hour (www.sarfa.com). Further by train to Barcelona, approx. 1 hour or to Perpignan, approx. 30 minutes.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Number of participants: min. 2 persons
- If the return transfer from Cadaquès to Collioure is not used: discount EUR 65 per fare. Required at booking.
- Special dates on request
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!