Itinerary at a glance
Beaune is Burgundy’s ‚wine capital’ with a lovely old part of town. You have the opportunity to visit the hotel Dieu.
As soon as you have explored Beaune sufficiently, start your walk towards Meursault. Gently the trail leads into the well-known wine village of Pommard, where you will have the first opportunity to taste some of the delicious Burgundy wine.
Today you come across the picturesque village of Saint Romain. Follow the Roman traces within the ruins of the palace. The church dating back to the 12th century is also worth a visit and the village restaurant offers a first-class lunch.
Leaving the vineyards behind, you walk in the shade of the characteristic oak forest. After that on to La Rochepot village and marvel at La Rochepot palace which is definitely worth a visit. From La Rochepot follow the trail to the ancient market town of Nolay.
This day commences with a gentle ascent across lovely pastures with the well-known Charolais cows grazing. Once at the top you walk downhill to Santenay village accompanied by marvellous views onto the Saône plain and a glance of the Alps in the distance. Onwards past the ‚Canal du Centre’ and through vineyards to Rully/Chassey le Camp.
Today’s first target is Montaigu palace in the South and follow remote trails past vineyards and forests along the ‚Côtes Chalonnaises’. Past the villages Aluze and Nantoux the path leads you into the well-known village of Mercurey.
Comfortable walks on well-maintained paths, easily manageable with basic fitness level. Daily tours are designed to combine the sheer pleasure of walking with plenty of chances for sightseeing or having breaks at vineyards on the way.
Prices and dates
Category A: You will stay in Beaune in a beautiful 4**** hotel, in Meursault and Nolay in a very charming boutique hotel and in Chassey le Camp in a comfortable 3*** hotel with pool and beautiful garden (French classification).
Category B: Nice 3*** hotel in Beaune, in the villages of Meursault, Nolay and Rully the accommodation is in nice and cosy 2** or boutique hotels (French classification).
Additional nights can be booked in each stage location. Prices on request.
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- 2 resp. 1 evening meal (Cat. A: 2x Chassey le Camp; Cat. B: 1x Meursault)
- Luggage transfer (1 piece of luggage per person)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- Service hotline
- Return transfer to Beaune, cost EUR 90 per journey, (Sunday and public holiday EUR 105), reservation required, payable in advance.
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Train journey via Paris to Beaune, approx. 2.5 hours (www.sncf.com).
- Paris airport.
- Parking: hotel garage, approx. EUR 70 per week. No reservation possible, payable on-site. Free of charge, unsecured parking spaces near the hotel.
- Return transfer from Rully/Chassey le Camp to Beaune by train, duration approx. 30 minutes (1x change).
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Minimum number of participants: 2 persons
- This tour is a partner tour.
"I look forward to making your vacation dreams come true."