Salzkammergut & Ausseerland
Discover the Most Beautiful Corners of the Salzkammergut.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Boat ride to St. Wolfgang. During your walk along the high route to the ‚Falkensteinwand’ you enjoy the view of the lake. On the romantic path by the lake you stroll to the Mozart-village St. Gilgen. Return journey by boat.
Starting from the banks of the lake Wolfgangsee you walk up the hill to the first alpine pastures, passing a wild animal preserve. On the back side of the ‚Sparber’-top you walk to the ‚Schartenalm’, which is idyllically situated between towering rugged mountain tops. On your way back you should stop by at a typical small Austrian restaurant, which offers homebred venison dishes and an incredible view of St. Wolfgang.
By bus you go to Bad Ischl and then you walk along the historic brine pipeline path into the valley ‚Rettenbachtal’ and up to the alpine pasture ‚Blaa’ which is at the foot of the Loser massif. Here the people cook in the Old Ausseer style with products from the green pastures and the clear lakes.
Circular walk Altaussee
During a comfortable hike you walk round lake Altauseer See. After your lake-hike you should not miss to taste a fresh char from the smokehouse. Alternatively, you have the possibility to climb up the Loser from where you have a clear view over the ‚Totes Gebirge’, the ‚Dachstein’ and the ‚Grimming’.
From Bad Aussee your path leads you through the wild and romantic valley ‚Koppental’, where we recommend to visit the cave ‚Koppenbrüller Höhle’. By boat you cross the lake Hallstätter See and reach the World Cultural Heritage town Hallstatt with many incredible sights. Back to Bad Aussee by train.
Most of the time you walk on pasture paths and on well maintained footpaths with fantastic views. We recommend a good basic fitness level for walking days of up to 5.5 hours. Some of the hikes can be shortened or extended according to your wishes. This tour is perfect to enjoy the hightlights of the Salzkammergut in all its facets.
You spend the night in specially selected hotels with special "extras" and can enjoy all the facilities of the charming accommodations (see "Accommodation").
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Ferry Wolfgangsee
- Boat trip Wolfgangsee
- Bus from Wolfgangsee to Bad Ischl
- Boat trip Hallstättersee
- Train from Hallstatt to Bad Aussee
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- By train to Salzburg and then by bus (approx. 1 hour) to lake Wolfgangsee. Or by train to Bad Ischl and in approx. 30 minutes to lake Wolfgangsee. Pick up service from the bus stop by the hotel possible.
- Parking Wolfgangsee: free hotel car park available. No reservation required.
- Return journey from Bad Aussee to lake Wolfgangsee by train and bus in approx 1.5 hrs.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
The charming ‚Seehotel Huber’ is situated in a green area near the banks of lake Wolfgangsee.
Hotel Erzherzog Johann
The elegant and traditional hotel ‚Erzherzog Johann’ 4**** delights in a quiet location in the centre of Bad Aussee.