The Heart of Catalonia
Grandiose views & culinary delights.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided Tour
Arrival at Montseny
Montseny – Aiguafreda
From Montseny the route leads you to the national park with the same name, which was declared a biosphere reserve. You walk along holly oak forests across unspoilt nature scenery, from where you enjoy impressive views onto the nature park with the Pyrenees as a backdrop.
During a leisurely ascent the spectacular Cingles de Bertí-cliffs draw nearer and nearer. From there you experience an absolutely unforgettable panorama with views to the East across the Congost river valley and Montseny-massif. Then you proceed along hilly terrain over passes and terraced fields, past impressive waterfalls to historic sites and Medieval places. Short transfer to Sant Feliu.
An especially idyllic hiking tour awaits along your way through pine forests and numerous cornfields, which are characteristic for the region. You continue along quaint dirt tracks through a very rural and wooded area to Sant Llorenç Savall.
Today’s itinerary allows you to experience some of the most symbolic landscapes of the Catalan mountain range Serralada Litoral. With the peaks of La Mola and El Montcau you experience two of the most impressive peaks of this mountain scenery. Finally you reach the Medieval village of Mura, nestling amidst the stillness of these mountains.
Mura – Rellinars
Discover the wonderful, hidden side of Sant Llorenç del Munt National Park, located between Mura and the town of Rellinars. The landscape is mainly characterised by Mediterranean pine forests and numerous streams.
Rellinars – Montserrat
The final day is all about the renowned Benedictine monastery Santa Maria de Montserrat, which impresses particularly with its location, built on top of and amidst rock needles of the Holy Mountain. Enjoy one more time the fabulous views into the distance onto Catalonia’s hinterland all the way to the coast.
Departure or extension
The route leads through hilly terrain along well-maintained paths over mountains, hills and fields. However a good basic fitness level is required for the daily tours and differences in altitude, so exertions can be managed with very little effort.
| Season 1 |
01.03.2021 - 31.10.2021
|The Heart of Catalonia, 8 Days, ES-KAWMM-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge half board evening meal 6x (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)||219.00|
|Surcharge solo traveler||169.00|
|Surcharge single room||219.00|
Category: 3***-hotels and lovely, characteristic country guest houses and inns
Extra nights upon request on each day Finish
- 7x overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- 1x evening meal (Rellinars)
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Transfer from airport Barcelona or Girona to Montseny
- Transfers according to program
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- If half board mostly multi-course evening meal
- Organised return transfer from Montserrat to Barcelona, EUR 155 per ride (up to 4 persons). Reservation required, payable in advance.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Barcelona or Girona Airport. Organised transfer to Montseny included.
- Parking: public parking spaces free of charge near the hotel, no reservation necessary.
- Return from Montserrat by rack railway to Monistrol de Montserrat, then by train or bus to Barcelona airport.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!