Soča and Triglav National Park.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
The starting point of the first tour is the mountain pass Vrisic located on an altitude of 1618 metres and boasting amazing views. After a short transfer you start your tour, always slightly ascending all the way to the source of the river Soča. The river Soča, ‚Isonzo’ in Italian, is the ‚soul’ of the Julian Alps with its crystal clear waters. The route leads you along soft, idyllic sections along the river followed by areas with wild roaring waters carving its way through deep gorges. You follow the Soča-Trail and reach your Day Finish Trenta.
Trenta - Bovec „Soča“
Today one of the most spectacular sections awaits. From Trenta you walk accompanied by the river Soča either level along the river or high up above the glistening waters. You switch over to the other side of the river via several sturdy hanging bridges with marvellous views down into the valley. The hike through the Soča gorge is a very special experience on this tour. At the end of the gorge the route leads you comfortably to Bovec.
This stage again is characterised by water. Shortly after Bovec you reach the roaring waterfall Virje. The next highlight is the impressive Boka waterfall, the biggest waterfall in Slovenia - a very special and unique natural spectacle. Then onwards through pastureland via Kamp Trnovo into the mountain village of Magozd, from where you can already spot Dreznica and its pilgrimage church.
You walk along ‚the peace path’ to the Italian chapel Bes na Planici, located at the entrance to the Triglav National park. Again and again you can marvel at the fabulous views into the valley and to the river Soča, and the Kolovrat mountain ridges situated opposite. Soon you reach the high-altitude pastures of the Kuhinja, where we recommend you sample the regional cheese specialities, before you descend to Tolmin.
The route leads you uphill through the Kamnica rift high up to the Hlevnik with fantastic long-distance views into the valley. After a short ascent you reach the Kolovrat mountain ridge. The route now takes you through former defence works over to the Klabuk, where you can marvel at the amazing panoramic views onto the surrounding peaks. The descent is sheer bliss and ends at the Refugio Solarie, the former border checkpoint into Italy. Return transfer to the starting point Kranjska Gora.
A very varied hiking week on the long-distance hiking trail of the Alpe-Adria-Trail. You walk on well-maintained hiking paths with daily walking times ranging between 4 and 7 hours. For the daily tours ranging in length between 10 and 23 kilometres, a good basic fitness level is required. You can expect impressive high-altitude hiking tours with stunning views onto the mountain world of the Triglavs and the Soča.
Category: 3***-hotels and inns
- 6x overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Transfers according to program
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- Service hotline
- Organized transfers from the train station/airport Klagenfurt, train station Villach or airport Ljubljana to/from Kranjska Gora available on request. Reservation necessary, payable in advance.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Ljubljana or Klagenfurt airport and by train to Kranjska Gora.
- Train journey via Jesenice and by bus or taxi in about 30 minutes, via Villach in about 45 minutes or via Klagenfurt in about 1 hour to Kranjska Gora.
- Parking: free hotel parking, no reservation required.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- On request, the last night is also possible in Cividale
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!