Alba – Monforte
An enchanting hike leads you through the vineyards with a fabulous view onto the Langhe-region. Via La Morra, renowned for its numerous wine stores, you continue along grape vines of the famous Barolo-wine into the ‚centre of grapes’, the world-renowned little village of Barolo. Here you take a stroll through the alleyways to the fort and enjoy a glass of this noble wine. Onwards along a forest path into the stunningly beautiful village of Monforte situated on a hilltop.
Hotel example: Grappolo d'Oro
Initially you walk on undulating terrain through vineyards, soon however you come across more and more hazelnut groves and reach the picturesque villages of Roddino and Serravalle, where you enjoy a panoramic view from the so-called ‚Langhe-balcony’. You ascend along hiking trail to the ‚Alta Langa’, where the village of roses ‚Bossolasco’ awaits you with wonderfully fragrant flowers and an impressive location at the top of a mountain chain.
Hotel example: La Panoramica
You walk along the mountain chain and past grazing herds of sheep towards Murazzano, where the famous cheese is produced. Then across remote farmland and vast cornfields with views onto the snow-capped Maritime Alps you ascend today onto the highest hilltop of the Langhe-region. Old stone houses and chapels line your path, on a clear day you can even see the sea! Short transfer into the little town of Millesimo, whose old part of town is considered one of Italy’s most beautiful town centres, the ‚Borghi piu belli d`Italia’.
Hotel example: Hotel La Gaietta
Millesimo – Bardineto
Today you hike your first stage in the region of Liguria. After a short transfer up to the Melogno-pass you continue along the high-altitude path ‚Alta Via dei Monti Liguri’ through endless beech forest. Via a mountain trail you reach the Monte Carmo summit, from this peak the sea seems within one’s reach. In the evening you reach the little village of Bardineto, situated amidst wooded mountain chains and is particularly renowned for its mushroom specialities.
Hotel example: Maria Nella
Bardineto – Albenga
You can look forward to a fantastic hike along the Ligurian long-distance hiking path ‚Sentiero Liguria’. Spectacular panoramic views onto mountains, coastline and islands accompany your path, meandering along the mountain ridge towards the sea. The leisurely option leads you into the medieval village of Castelvecchio and downhill to Zuccarello, from where you take the bus to Albenga. Today your overnight stay is located directly at the sea: so enjoy a dip in the waves before you sample the local fish at the beach restaurant.
Hotel example: Marisa
Albenga – San Remo
As a finale a coastal hike with great views awaits! Initially you walk along the sea then you ascend to the ‚Alta Via Baia del Sole’. A truly amazing hiking path along fragrant Macchia-bushes leading you via the peak of the Monte Bignone. Then across terraced fields and fruit groves you descend into the coastal village of Alassio, where you get to experience the flair of Italian ice-cream cafés and neat lidos. Spectacular views onto the turquoise-blue sea at the ‚flower riviera’ accompany you along your train ride into the famous town of San Remo.
Hotel example: Lolli Palace
Departure or extra days
During the first few stages in the Langhe-region you walk on undulating terrain on gravel-, forest- and dirt paths as well as on stony trails across the mountains, where surefootedness is required during short sections. Along the coast narrow trails await, beautiful hiking paths particularly with great views. With nearly all daily hiking tours there are easier options to choose from.
| Season 1 |
01.04.2023 - 22.04.2023
17.09.2023 - 07.10.2023
| Season 2 |
23.04.2023 - 20.05.2023
03.09.2023 - 16.09.2023
| Season 3 |
21.05.2023 - 02.09.2023
|Piedmont - Liguria, 8 days, IT-PIWAS-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||329.00||329.00||329.00|
Category: 1x 4****-hotel (Alba), 3***- and mid-range hotels
| Season 1 |
Apr 1, 2023 - Apr 22, 2023
Sep 17, 2023 - Oct 7, 2023
| Season 2 |
Apr 23, 2023 - May 20, 2023
Sep 3, 2023 - Sep 16, 2023
| Season 3 |
May 21, 2023 - Sep 2, 2023
|Double room p. P.||85.00||85.00||85.00|
|Surcharge single room||55.00||55.00||55.00|
|Double room p. P.||95.00||95.00||115.00|
|Surcharge single room||69.00||69.00||69.00|
- Accomodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer
- Transfers according to program
- 1 Wine tasting (English)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- App for Navigation and GPS-data available
- Service hotline
- Airport transfer Milano (Malpensa, Linate) – Alba: EUR 315 up to 2 persons, EUR 359 up to 4 persons, EUR 459 up to 8 persons, duration approx. 2 hours, reservation is necessary, to be paid for in advance.
- Airport transfer Milano (Orio al Serio) – Alba: EUR 379 up to 2 persons, EUR 419 up to 4 persons, EUR 515 up to 8 persons, duration approx. 2.5 hours, reservation is necessary, to be paid for in advance.
- Airport transfer Turin (Caselle) – Alba: EUR 185 up to 2 persons, EUR 225 up to 4 persons, EUR 299 up to 8 persons, duration approx. 1.5 hours, reservation is necessary, to be paid for in advance.
- Return transfer by minibus to Alba every Saturday, costs EUR 105 per person, cost per dog EUR 29, reservation is necessary, to be paid for in advance.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Train journey to Alba. From Turin in approx. 1.5 hours to Alba (1x change) or in approx. 3 hours from Milan to Alba (2x change).
- Turin or Milano airport.
- Parking: Hotel parking spaces approx. EUR 15 per day. No reservation possible.
- Return journey from San Remo to Alba by train and bus in approx. 5 to 6 hours (1x/2x change).
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- On arrival in July and August double overnight in San Remo instead of the overnight stay in Albenga.
- Short ride with public transport to Albenga, approx. EUR 7 per person
- Train ride from Alassio to San Remo, approx. EUR 6 per person
- On arrival dates in July and August, train journeys to/from San Remo, approx. EUR 12 per person
- Special dates on request
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!