Dolomite Alps – Nature park walking tour
Walking in the UNESCO world heritage.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Minimum number of participants: 2 persons
Arrival in Niederdorf/Toblach
Transfer to idyllic Lake Pragser Wildsee which is bewitching visitors with its crystal-clear water. There you will get a first impression of the Pragser valley, which is with its dark forests and white rock walls one of the perls in the Dolomites. Via the plateau to alp Rossalm and down to Bückele. Far away you can see Monte Cristallo, the Tofane and the famous Tre Cime di Lavaredo. After a short bus ride you reach plateau Plätzwiese.
Plateau Plätzwiese in nature park „Fanes Sennes Prags“, the biggest nature park in the Dolomites, appeals with its unique flora and wild lakes its visitors in a special way. Your walk leads you either way to Dürrenstein or to Strudelkopf, where you will have a fantastic view onto the surrounding mountains.
You walk through plateau Plätzwiese and valley Knappenfusstal down to the Gemärk, the boarder between South Tyrol and the province Belluno. From there you go by public transport directly to Cortina d’Ampezzo or you choose to walk the slightly longer variant to hut Ra Stua, and below the Col Rosa to the former Olympic city. Option to shorten the route.
The panorama of this stage will simply blow you away! Introducing the mighty rock giants of the Ampezzan Dolomites, the Cristallo-group, the Tofane and the Fanes-group - the leads of this spectacle. There are two routes to choose from: one leads to Forcella Faloria and the second one along the Dolomieu Panoramic-Trail. Both options lead you towards the ‚Passo Tre Croci’ and finally back to Cortina.
Short transfer to Drei Zinnenblick. You start your walk through a valley called Rienztal to the world famous stone formation called „Drei Zinnen“. On easy trails you walk on to the Auronzo hut and then you go by bus back to the starting point of your hiking trip to Niederdorf/Toblach.
Loop tour Sexten
Today you walk through one of the most beautiful side valleys of the Pustertal valley to Sexten. By transfer you reach Vierschach, where the cable car brings you up on mountain Helm. From there you can enjoy a wonderful view onto the peaks of the Sextner Dolomites. Hahnspiel hut, Silianer hut and Alpe Nemes are further stops during your last walk to Sexten, before you will reach Kreuzbergpass. From there back by bus/train to Niederdorf/Toblach.
Departure or extension
The walking route leads along sign-posted mountain- and walking paths. Special experience is not necessary. A good basic fitness level is required to make sure that you can enjoy those ridgeways. For most of the walks there is a daily choice between a shorter and a longer route.
| Season 1 |
12.06.2021 - 13.07.2021
12.09.2021 - 19.09.2021
daily (except Tuesday and Thursday)
| Season 2 |
14.07.2021 - 02.08.2021
21.08.2021 - 11.09.2021
daily (except Tuesday and Thursday)
|Dolomite Alps – Nature park walking tour 8 days, IT-SJWNI-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||169.00||169.00|
|Surcharge half board (5x) (evening meal: mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)||109.00||109.00|
Category: lovely 3***- and 4****-hotels
Extra night prices in Niederdorf/Toblach upon request
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome briefing (DE, EN)
- Transfers, train and bus rides according to the program
- Ascent fare cable car Faloria und Helm
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (DE, EN)
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- If half board: min. 3-course evening meal (5x, not in Cortina)
- Organised airport transfer from Treviso or Venice bookable on request
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Airport Venice or Treviso. Onward journey by bus to Niederdorf/Toblach
- Via Innsbruck by train to Niederdorf/Toblach.
- Parking in Niederdorf/Toblach: free, unguarded, public parking spaces near the hotel.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Bus fare on day 6 from Cortina d’Ampezzo to hut Auronzo, cost approx. EUR 7,- per person and from hut Auronzo to Toblach, cost approx. EUR 8,- per person
- Special dates for groups of min. 5 persons on request!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!