The best of Pembrokeshire
Head along the British coast
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided Tour
- Minimum number of participants: 2 persons
Arrival in Newport
Loop Tour Newport
In the morning a bus ride takes you to Moylgrove, the start of your today’s walking stage. Enjoy a unique view from the 150 m high cliffs onto the sea below. The route leads you along the coastal path back to Newport, until you reach the beautiful beach „Newport Sands“ located at the Nervern estuary.
Newport – Fishguard
Today you leave the coastal town of Newport and continue your walking tour along the coast. A beautiful loop path leads you around peninsula Dinas, here you enjoy fantastic views onto the colourful fenlands of the hilly coastal landscape featuring countless wild flowers. With a bit of luck, you get to observe wild sea birds in their nest too. Your Day Finish is the pretty coastal village of Fishguard.
Fishguard – Trefin
You leave Fishguard heading towards „Strumble Head“, a rocky promontory situated in the North of Pembrokeshire. A special characteristic landmark is the lighthouse at the end of the peninsula, it is already visible from afar. Always accompanied by breath-taking views you reach the village Trefasser. From there you take the „Coastal Bus“ to Trefin for your overnight stay.
Loop Tour Trefin
Bus journey back to Trefasser. Today the second part of this impressive coastal path awaits, until at you arrive back in Trefin again. Countless idyllic sandy bays and jagged cliffs line today’s stage, the sea always within sight.
Trefin – St. Davids
Onwards along the coast into the fishing village Porthgain, an enchanting place featuring a picturesque harbour. Take time to have a look around before you proceed to Whitesands Bay, a white sandy beach stretching for miles. From here either on foot or by bus to St. Davids. Your Day Finish is located in the hilly Alun river valley, plan enough time to visit the world-famous cathedral and the historic centre of St. Davids.
Loop Tour St. Davids
By bus back to Whitesands Bay and onwards along the coastal path all the way to the fishing village Solva, perhaps the most beautiful village in the entire Pembrokeshire. Once again you walk past the deserted bays below the cliffs, populated by seals in autumn. Also Ramsey Island, a true bird paradise, is only a stone’s throw away. Return journey by bus to St. Davids.
Departure or extension
You walk along well-maintained hiking paths, mostly along the coast. Surefootedness and a good basic fitness level are required. Breath-taking coastal scenery and picturesque Welsh villages await. It is possible to cut stages short by bus in sections.
| Season 1 |
01.04.2023 - 01.10.2023
|Pembrokeshire Wales, 8 days, UK-PSWNS-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge solo traveller||115.00|
|Surcharge single room||399.00|
Category: characteristic inns and beautiful B&Bs
You can book extra nights for any day of your tour. Prices upon request!
| Season 1 |
Apr 1, 2023 - Oct 1, 2023
|Double room p. P.||99.00|
|Surcharge single room||119.00|
|Double room p. P.||85.00|
|Surcharge single room||109.00|
- Overnight stays as stated
- Luggage transfer (1 piece of luggage per person)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- Service hotline
Arrival / Departure:
- Cardiff, Bristol or London airports. By bus (www.traveline.info) or train (www.nationalrail.com) in approx. 5 hours (Cardiff/Bristol) or 6,5 hours (London) to Newport.
- Return journey from St. Davids by bus to Haverford West or Fishguard (approx. 1 hour each) and from there by train to your departure airport. No bus connection on Sundays, alternatively taxi ride, cost approx. EUR 70 per fare.
- Please note that a valid passport is required for this walking trip.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Bus fares, cost approx. EUR 15 per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!