Arrival in Stratford-upon-Avon
Sightseeing in Stratford
Follow the traces of William Shakespeare in the historic old town. A longer walking tour explores the surroundings of Stratford.
Transfer to Hidcote, where you can visit the stunning gardens. Walk to Chipping Campden, one of the pretty towns of the Cotswolds (transfer also possible to Chipping Campden). The main street is seamed by the typical stone cottages with sumptuous gardens. Visit the „Wool-Church“, wealthy wool merchants of the Cotswolds used to donate churches. Continue your walk to Moreton-in-Marsh where you will stay overnight.
Put on your walking boots and follow the paths across meadows and fields through Sezincote, with the unique Mughal house, past Stow-in-the-Wold, the highest village of the Cotswolds and through pretty Lower Slaughter to Bourton-on-the-Water.
Today you follow the pretty stream Windrush to Naunten. Here you cross the Wolds to Winchcombe, once capital of the Saxons.
Winchcombe – Broadway
Breathtaking walk through the country to Stanway and Stanton, the best maintained of the Cotswolds villages (many historic films are taken here). Then you reach the historic coach-village Broadway, where you will stay overnight.
Departure or exension
The Cotswolds are gently rolling hills (up to 300 m elevation), so you have to consider the occasional gentle climb. You walk on footpaths across farmland, villages and sometimes even through gardens.
| Season 1 |
01.03.2022 - 31.10.2022
|Cotswolds und Shakespeare, 7 days, UK-CWWSB-07X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single traveler||45.00|
|Surcharge single room||319.00|
Category: beautiful typical guesthouses and B&B's
You can book extra nights for any day of your tour. Prices upon request!
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer
- 1 Transfer Stratford – Hidcote
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- Service hotline
- Transfer to Moreton, price per way approx. EUR 30, to Stratford-upon-Avon price per way approx. EUR 45. Payable on-site, reservation required.
Arrival / Departure:
- Airport London and by train (direct train from London Euston) in about 2.5 hours to Stratford-upon-Avon (www.thetrainline.com).
- Return from Moreton as well as from Stratford with very good train connection to London. During the week public transport is available (not on Sundays).
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!