Short transfer to Starnberg, Bavaria’s well known sailing and spa paradise. From Starnberg via a gorge called the ‚Maisinger Schlucht’ to the Maisingersee, an idyllic lake surrounded by reeds and inviting beer gardens. Onwards to Andechs monastery with stunning views of lake Ammersee. Walking trail descends to the banks of this untouched lake on to Herrsching or by boat to Diessen.
Hotel example: Seefelder Hof
Passing the Augustinerstift Dießen, you hike across flowering meadows into the extensive Stiller Wald forest. Over hilltops with great views to the monastery in Wessobrunn. Lonely field and forest paths lead you to the market town of Weilheim, which is well worth seeing. The next three days pass through a region in the South of Bavaria between the rivers Lech and Loisach called ‚Pfaffenwinkel’, which is renowned for its diversity in pilgrimage churches.
Hotel example: Vollmann
From Weilheim to Peiting
You leave Weilheim and hike on the Way of St. James through the small monastery village of Polling and along the Ammer River over the hills of Berghof to Peißenberg. The pilgrimage path leads you to the Hoher Peißenberg, from where you can enjoy fantastic views of the Zugspitze and the Tyrolean and Allgäu mountains.
Hotel example: Pfaffenwinkel
From Peiting to Buching
You start your hike through the gorge Ammerschlucht on a fascinating trail system above the river to Rottenbuch with monastery worth seeing, the main town of "Pfaffenwinkel". On the Pfaffenwinkler Milchweg you walk through the mill-village Wildsteig and continue to church Wieskirche, the famous church of pilgrimage (UNESCO World Heritage). Then you walk over boardwalks through the bog Wiesfilz to Steingaden. From there a short bus journey takes you to Buching.
Hotel example: Alpchalet Schwanstein
To crown your hiking week, you will head into the nature reserve of Buchinger Filz and along Lake Hegratsried to the world-famous fairytale castle of Neuschwanstein. Passing the idyllic Schwansee, your way leads you over the Kalvarienberg to the market town of Füssen, the destination of your eventful hiking week.
Hotel example: Hirsch
Departure or extension
Characteristics of the route
Tours are easy however for tours up to 5.5 hours good basic fitness level is required. In parts some sections can be shortened by taking a bus. Walks are on well maintained walking and forest trails as well as asphalted paths. Only minor altitude differences due to walks mainly in valleys.
| Season 1 |
08.04.2023 - 06.05.2023
| Season 2 |
07.05.2023 - 17.06.2023
06.08.2023 - 02.09.2023
| Season 3 |
18.06.2023 - 05.08.2023
03.09.2023 - 07.10.2023
|From Munich into Allgäu, 8 days, DE-MUWMF-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||329.00||329.00||329.00|
Category: 4**** hotel in Munich, 3*** hotels and inns
For arrivals after 16.09.2023 double overnight stay in Schäftlarn instead of overnight stay in Munich
Extra night prices for Munich valid until 15.09.2023, dates after that on request
| Season 1 |
Apr 8, 2023 - May 6, 2023
| Season 2 |
May 7, 2023 - Jun 17, 2023
Aug 6, 2023 - Sep 2, 2023
| Season 3 |
Jun 18, 2023 - Aug 5, 2023
Sep 3, 2023 - Oct 7, 2023
|Double room p. P.||99.00||99.00||99.00|
|Surcharge single room||75.00||75.00||75.00|
|Double room p. P.||89.00||89.00||89.00|
|Surcharge single room||69.00||69.00||69.00|
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- 1 Transfer from Schäftlarn to Starnberg
- 1 Boat ride from Herrsching to Diessen
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- App for Navigation and GPS-data available
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Train station Munich and underground to hotel.
- Munich airport.
- Parking: parking spaces available in garage approx. € 15 per day, no reservation taken. Unguarded parking spaces near hotel free of charge.
- Return train journey from Füssen to Munich, duration approx. 2 hours (1x change trains).
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Train fare from Peissenberg to Peiting, approx. EUR 5 per person
- Bus fare from Steingaden to Buching, approx. EUR 5 per person
- With double overnight stay in Schäftlarn: Tram ride Schäftlarn – Munich, approx. EUR 5 per person
- Special dates on request
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!