Nature paradise Vercors
Mountain idyll as far as the eye can reach.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Minimum of participants: 2 persons
Arrival in Lans en Vercors
You walk through the soft landscape of Northern Vercors, across the “Pas de Bellecombe”, “Pas de l’Ours” and “Charande” up to alp Molière, where you will have a fantastic view onto the seven ranges of the Alps as well as onto Mont Blanc. Afterwards you enjoy a wonderful walking tour down to Autrans.
You take to GR9 long distance trail up to the “Signal de Nave”, where you will have a beautiful panorama over the whole Isére valley, the “Chartreuse” range and the “Central massif”. You continue past “Bec de l’Orient” and across the “Pas de la Clé”. Your descent in direction Autrans leads along mountain hut “Geve” and through gorge “combe des Mortes” back into the centre of the village.
Autrans – Bois Barbu
You cross the “Claret” and the forested hills of Autrans to Méaudre. Afterwards you continue to the village of “Girauds”, and from there you walk up to the pass of “La Croix Chabaud”. On your way you pass a hunting ground for chamois, roe deers and deers. You walk through the “Bourne” canyon on to Bois Barbu.
Enjoy this wonderful walking tour, which leads you from Bois Barbu through the left colony “Valchevrière” and the beautiful level land of “Herbouilly”. After a short climb up to “Pas de la Sambue” you walk down in direction Fleur du Roy. You return to Bois Barbu via village Correncon and pass “Liorin”.
A short transfer brings you to hamlet “Conversaria”. From there you walk along the wonderful path “Gobert”, via the Col de l’Arc to Lans en Vercors. A great path with precious views onto the plateau of Villard de Lans, and through typical fauna and flora is awaiting you. From pass “des Col de l’Arc”, which is easy to manage, you will have a bewitching view onto the ranges “Belledonne” and “l’Oisans”. If you are still fit you can enjoy from Pic St Michel another fabulous panorama view onto the Alps and the Vercors.
Climb onto mountain “Moucherotte” with wonderful view onto the valleys of Lans en Vercors and Villard de Lans. Opposite you see the “Eastern balcony” as well as the plateau of the Vercors. Another possibility is the exploration of the “Bruyant” canyon. You walk through the valley of Lans en Vercors towards North and walk through the canyons, along the stream and waterfall down. You return via “Pas des Danois” to Lans en Vercors.
Departure or extension
Characteristics of the route
Technical easy tour, although you should be in a good shape for the daily tours up to 7 hours. In parts sure-footedness is necessary. You walk mainly on walking paths. You can decide every day if you want to do an easy or difficult tour.
Category: pretty 2**-hotels and country hotels, 2x 3***-hotels (French classifying)
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- 7x evening meal
- Luggage transfer (1 piece of luggage per person)
- Transfers according to program
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Airport Lyon or Geneva. Further by bus (www.fr.ouibus.com) to the train station of Grenoble. From Lyon approx. 1 hour and from Geneva approx. 2 hours.
- Arrival by train to Grenoble (www.sncf.com) and by bus to Lans en Vercors, approx. 1 hour. Or by taxi, cost approx. EUR 80 per fare (public holiday approx. EUR 120 per fare).
- Parking: Limited number of free hotel parking spaces, no reservation necessary.
Things to note:
- Special dates on request
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!