Ridge walk Julian Alps
Fascinating mountain landscape.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Bled
Idyllic Bled with deep-blue lake and Triglav national park is inviting for an exploration in the evening. You should taste the regional cuisine.
Transfer to Mrzli Studenec at Pokljuka high plateau (1.280 m) – starting point of many walking tours in the Julian Alps. Your first walk leads through spruce forests and broad alpine meadows. Climb to Lipanška koča hut and stop for a tasty meal. In the afternoon walking tour on a panorama path.
Today you reach the heart of the Julian Alps – at the foot of the highest peak in Slovenia, onto Triglav. Along a slightly climb up to Vodnik hut. Aim of the day is Planika hut, located directly at the south wall of Triglav. The hut is ideal starting point for a climb onto Triglav (additional night and alpine experience necessary!).
Walk over the Hribarice pass (2.358 m) in direction Triglav Lakes. Enjoy the wonderful beauty of the seven lakes in Triglav national park. Along a broad path a wonderful view over the valley with its lakes is awaiting you.
Hike further to the West, where you will soon reach the lake Schwarzsee, the deepest lake of the Triglav lakes. The lake is warm and has a unique flora and fauna. You can enjoy a beautiful view of Lake Bohinj from your overnight accommodation, Komna hut.
Komna hut – Ribčev Laz
From Komna you walk along the old military street to waterfall Savica, a well-known and popular waterfall in Slovenia. An alpine karst spring feeds the waterfall which has a length of 78 m and runs into mighty Bohinjer Lake. Short walk along the waterside. In the summer the lake invites for a bath in crystal-clear water. You stay overnight at the eastern bank of the lake, in the friendly village of Ribčev Laz. Try one of the local bars with tasty mead or homemade snaps.
Ribčev Laz – Bled
Transfer to Lake Bled. The surrounding offers a huge variety for walking tours, we recommend doing a walk through Vintgar gorge. A 1.600 m long wooden path is awaiting you, it leads through the worth-seeing gorge along river Radovna and to Sum waterfall. Or you explore Lake Bled within a loop tour and at a journey by rowboat to the popular island church.
Departure or extension
You walk on good ridgeways with wonderful views onto the Julian Alps. In parts surefootedness and a head for heights is required. You should have a good stamina for daily tours of 4 to 7 hours.
| Season 1 |
10.07.2021 - 18.09.2021
|Ridge walk Julian Alps 8 days, SI-JAWBL-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||99.00|
Category: 4x 3***- and 4****- hotels, 3x comfortable huts (dormitory)
| Season 1 |
Jul 10, 2021 - Sep 18, 2021
|Extra night p.p. in double room||95.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||110.00|
|Extra night p.p. in dormitory||49.00|
|Extra night in dormitory||49.00|
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer (1 piece per person, except during hut overnights)
- Transfers on day 2 and 7
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- Tourist tax, if due, is included in the price
- Service hotline
- Organized transfers: Ljubljana Airport - Bled EUR 80 per trip (1 to 3 persons), Klagenfurt Airport - Bled EUR 190 per trip (1 to 3 persons), Villach Railway Station - Bled EUR 140 per trip (1 to 3 persons), Lesce Bled - Bled Railway Station, EUR 30 per trip (1 to 3 persons). For all transfers a reservation is required, payable in advance.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Airport Ljubljana and by bus in about 1 hour to Bled or airport Klagenfurt and by train in approx. 3 hours to Bled
- Train arrival via Villach or Jesenice to Bled.
- Parking: limited number of hotel parking spaces. Public or guarded parking spaces near the hotel approx. EUR 40 to EUR 70 per week.
Things to note:
- Entrance fees approx. EUR 50 and detailed mountain hiking map for the area Triglav National Park approx. EUR 10, payable on spot.
- Single rooms are only available during hotel stays
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!