Normandie & Jersey
Amazing Steep Coast & Atlantic Jewel.
- 9 Days / 8 Nights
- Self-guided Tour
- Minimum of participants: 2 persons
Arrival in Pontorson
The little village of Pontorson lies on the border between the two provinces Normandy and Bretagne, about 9 km from the bay of Mont Saint-Michel.
Walk along the Cousnon river to the bay of Mont Saint-Michel. Cross pretty villages and visit a mill. Mont Saint-Michel is a fortified village situated on an island. On the top of a rock escarpment a monastery inhabited by a dozen monks is situated. You stay overnight on the mainland and can enjoy the special view over the Mont-Saint-Michel.
After crossing the marshes west of Couesnon river you leave the Normandy for the Bretagne. You walk through green undulating landscape, dotted with little houses and grazing cattle to the pretty villages Roz-sur-Couesnon and Sainte-Broladre. You will spend the night on the mainland. The half timbered houses belong to the best maintained examples of the Bretagne.
The first interesting point of today is Mont-Dol with beautiful old church. Then you follow an oyster-park for several kilometres. The last kilometers to Cancale offer superb views across the bay. You stay overnight in a hotel on the port. Cancale enjoys the reputation of being the capital of oyster, „Huîtres“. It is said that the local oysters are the best and freshest – judge for yourself.
Cancale – St. Malo
Today you will hike to the impressive headland Pointe Du Grouin. With a bit of luck, you can observe seals and dolphins there. On the way, take a look at Île des Landes, a small, barren island (now a bird sanctuary). Passing the lighthouse, you will reach Îles Chausey, Europe's largest archipelago and a very special highlight. Arriving in the historic aerial resort of Granville on the Normandy coast, an enchanting harbor awaits you; on a clear day you can even enjoy the view of the outline of Mont Saint-Michel in the distance. Afterwards by transfer to the historic city of St. Malo.
St. Malo - Jersey
In the morning you will take a ferry to the island of Jersey to St. Helier, the capital of the island. From there a short bus ride to the pretty harbor town of Gorey, where you will spend the next two nights. The circular walk to Rozel offers breathtaking panoramic views over the bay and the sea. The higher you climb, the more spectacular the view. The small village of Rozel with its historic granite cottages invites you to take an extensive rest before heading back to Gorey.
Starting from the harbour you walk inland through rural area and along meandering paths reach Grouville with its beautiful church. A little bit further you reach the coast and proceed along a unique path between the sea and the Royal Jersey golf course. At Fort William you have nearly reached the end of today’s tour!
Jersey – St. Malo
In the morning there is still enough time on Jersey before you take the ferry from Jersey to St. Malo in the afternoon, where your trip comes to a relaxing end with a stroll through the historic old town.
Departure or extension
Characteristics of the route
Easy walking tours along the coast. Some stages require sure footedness. Walking distances in Jersey can be shortened by public transport. Scenic tour!
| Season 1 |
01.04.2023 - 30.06.2023
01.09.2023 - 31.12.2023
| Season 2 |
01.07.2023 - 31.08.2023
|Normandy & Jersey, 9 days, FR-NOWPS-09X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single traveler||145.00||155.00|
|Surcharge single room||439.00||469.00|
Category: pretty 2** hotels and inns, partly 3*** hotels (French classifying, sea view on Jersey)
| Season 1 |
Apr 1, 2023 - Jun 30, 2023
Sep 1, 2023 - Dec 31, 2023
| Season 2 |
Jul 1, 2023 - Aug 31, 2023
|Double room p.P.||65.00||69.00|
|Surcharge single room||55.00||59.00|
|Double room p.P.||89.00||99.00|
|Surcharge single room||65.00||75.00|
|Double room p.P.||85.00||95.00|
|Surcharge single room||59.00||69.00|
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- 1 evening meal (Dol-de-Bretagne)
- Luggage transfer (1 piece of luggage per person, excl. days with ferry transfer)
- 1 Ferry fare Saint-Malo – Jersey
- 1 Ferry fare Jersey – Saint-Malo
- Transfers according to the program
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- Service hotline
- Retourn transfer from Saint-Malo to Pontorson, price per fare EUR 140 (Sundays and holidays EUR 170), reservation required, payable in advance.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Airport Paris and by train to Pontorson in approx. 3.5 to 4 hours.
- Parking: Limited number of hotel parking spaces, cost EUR 6 per night. Reservation necessary in advance, payable on site. Free, unguarded public parking spaces near the hotel, no reservation necessary.
- Return journey from Saint-Malo to Pontorson by train, approx. 1.5 hours (www.ter.sncf.com/bretagne).
- Please note that a valid passport is required for this trip.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Luggage transfer for ferry trips Jersey on own account (6th and 8th day).
- Cab rides St. Malo - St. Malo harbor and back, approx. € 15,- per ride
- Bus rides Jersey harbor - Gorey and back, approx. € 5 per person
- The circular walk on the 6th and 7th is practicable in the reverse order.
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!