Panorama Walking Tours in the Zell am See District with Charm
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival to Maishofen
Loop tour Lake Zell
Via Maishofen´s ridgeway you walk to mountain guesthouse Mitterberghof, where the comfortable sun terrace is inviting for a break. Enjoy the wonderful panorama view onto the surrounding mountains. Your way leads you downhill to Thumersbach past the Hubertus chapel and on along Lake Zell, where a visit to the lido attracts. Via Mayerhofen and the Steinberg mountail you return to the palace Kammer.
By bus from the centre of Maishofen to ‘Sportregion Saalbach’. From Hinterglemm Mitterlengau a beautiful hike leads into the end of the valley. About the Forsthof alp leads the circular route to Saal alp and continue to Lindling alp, via a suspension bridge to the Baumwipfelweg. Return journey by bus to Maishofen.
Loop tour Schmittenhöhe
Journey by bus to Zell am See, your goal is the mountain railway Schmittenbahn. By enclosure you reach the peak of mountain Schmittenhöhe on 1.965 m. Enjoy the unique view onto Lake Zell as well as an impressing panorama view onto numerous 3.000 m peaks. After the visit of Elisabeth chapel you walk down into the valley, first you reach mountain Sonnkogel, then Sonn alp and finally Zell am See. Take your time for a stroll through the city. You return by bus to Maishofen.
Directly from Kammer palace you enter your ‘royal stage’ onto mountain Schwalbenwand, Maishofen´s local mountain (2011m). Along varied trails you first walk to the peak in Maishofen, and a little later you can also reach the plateau of mountain Schwalbenwand if you want. It is well worth the effort and you will be rewarded with a unique panoramic view onto the snow-covered peaks of Hohe Tauern, the Steinerne Meer and the local grassy mountains. You return via Kammeregg alp where you recharge your batteries with a glass of cider and a bacon sandwich.
A leisurely tour at the end of your hiking week in Maishofen. Follow the young Saalach to Ratzenstein-Höhe on the Stammgäste-Weg. A forested mountain range continues to Neunbrunnen and down to the idyllic Waldsee, on whose banks it is worth resting. Back you hike comfortably across the fields and meadows to Schloss Kammer.
Departure or extension
You walk on good walking paths and lovely trails with view onto the impressing mountain world of the region, and in parts on side roads and forest tracks. The daily tours can be managed with good health. Only the climb up to mountain Schwalbenwand and the descent of mountain Schmittenhöhe request some stamina.
| Season 1 |
15.05.2021 - 30.05.2021
13.09.2021 - 26.09.2021
| Season 2 |
31.05.2021 - 20.06.2021
30.08.2021 - 12.09.2021
| Season 3 |
21.06.2021 - 29.08.2021
|Panorama Walking Tours in the Zell am See District 7 days, AT-ZEWSK-07X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||69.00||69.00||69.00|
You spend the night in an specially selected hotel with special "extras" and can enjoy all the facilities of the charming accommodation (see "Accommodation").
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Evening meal (6x) incl. 1x Pinzgauer Kasnockenpfanne (traditional Austrian dish)
- 2x walking snack
- Welcome briefing (German, English) and welcome drink
- Liquor tasting in historic cellar at Kammer palace
- Snack at Kammeregg-Alp (bread with bacon and a glass of Most (cider- special drink in Austria)
- Use of all facilities at Kammer palace (swimming pond, sauna, spa,…)
- 1x Voucher for solarium
- 1x Voucher for infra-red sauna
- Entry for the lake resort Maishofen/ lake Zell
- Ascent fare by cable car Schmittenbahn
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS-data is available
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- By train to Zell am See, change to Bus or Taxi to Maishofen to Palace Kammer, costs approx. EUR 15 per fare, duration approx. 15 min.
- Car park: free hotel car park, no reservation required.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Extra nights upon request
- Order of individual hiking tours is variable
- 4x Bus fares according to the program, approx. EUR 15 per person are not included
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!