Arrival in Oslo
Discover the capital of Norway, a city steeped in history, whose medieval centre invites to an extensive visit of the historic fortresses, palaces and parks.
Oslo – Bygdin
An exciting bus journey takes you from the Oslofjord up into the mountains. After your arrival in the heart of the national park, you can either embark on a relaxing hiking tour onto the Synshorn-peak with viewpoint or take a stroll along the glistening Lake Bygdin. Take your time and make sure you arrive poised and with all your senses ready to experience the special atmosphere of the Nordic nature scenery.
Circular walk Bygdin
Today you explore the highest peak in the vicinity and hike across vast plateaus to Mount Bitihorn, where the stupendous view onto rugged crests and glistening lakes beckons. Enjoy the magnificent scenery and after that delicious, Norwegian baked goods in the local café or totally relaxed from the beautiful terrace of your hotel.
Bygdin – Gjendebu
In the morning you board a small ship, which gently takes you across the heaving waters of Lake Bygdin. In the so-called ‚Svartdalen‘, the black valley, you discover the Nordic scenery along mystical trails framed by impressive gigantic mountains and traversed by little streams and roaring waterfalls. In Gjendebu you spend the coming nights in a traditional lodge of the Norwegian hiking club situated amidst the mountains.
Circular walk Gjendebu
Depending on what you fancy, you either leisurely ascend to the Gjendetunga-peak, from where you enjoy a fantastic view onto the turquoise-blue Lake Gjendesee and the surrounding glaciers. Or you take the boat to the mountain-lodge Memurubu and there follow the spectacular high-altitude path via the Bukkelægeret-ridge back to Gjdendebu. Allow the evening to leisurely end by the open fire enjoying a social interaction with other hikers from all over the world.
Gjendebu – Eidsbugarden
An idyllic start of your hiking day on your way through the dense Nordic birch forest, home of numerous bird species. Along the roaring river Veslåe you ascend via the sparse heath ‚Fjellheide‘, here with a bit of luck you may even get the chance to observe reindeer! Once you reach the shores of Lake Bygdin, you proceed into the idyllic hut-village Eidsbugarden. In the cosy lodge open yourselves up one more time to the unique location between lakes, ‚Fjellen‘ and glaciers.
Eidsbugarden – Oslo
As a finale to your holiday we recommend a detour to the viewpoint Utsikten, before boarding the ship and embark on your return journey to Bygdin. One last time you get to enjoy the beauty of Jotunheimen national park here in its full glory. By bus you arrive back in Oslo in the evening, where in its old part of town you get to look back onto an unparalleled hiking holiday.
Abreise oder Verlängerung
| Season 1 |
26.06.2021 - 31.08.2021
|Norway, 8 days, NO-JOWOS-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||149.00|
Category: 2x 3***-/4****-hotel (Oslo), 2x comfortable mountain inn (Bygdin) and 3x traditional lodges/cabins (shower/WC partly on the corridor)
*Single room is only possible on day 1 and 7.
| Season 1 |
Jun 26, 2021 - Aug 31, 2021
|Extra night p.p. in dbl/bb||99.00|
|Extra night in sgl/bb||134.00|
- 7x overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- 5x evening meal (2x Bygdin, 2x Gjendebu, 1x Eidsbugarden)
- 5x walking snack (day 3 to 7)
- Transfers according to program
- Luggage transfer (1 piece of luggage per person)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS-data is available
- Tourist tax, if due, is included in the price
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Airport Oslo. By train to the main station in the city center (www.flytoget.no) in about 20 minutes and in a few walking minutes to the first hotel.
- Parking: limited number of paid hotel parking spaces. Public parking house near the hotel, approx. EUR 50 per day and payable on-site. No reservation possible.
Things to note:
- With bus journeys you need to take your own luggage with you (day 2 and 7)
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!