Via Jacobi: Einsiedeln - Interlaken
The Jacobs trail in Switzerland
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival to Einsiedeln
Your trip starts in Einsiedeln, Switzerlands most famous pilgrimage place. Enjoy the shores of Lake Sihl and admire the monastery.
Einsiedeln – Brunnen
The trail over Haggenegg leads through the beautiful high valley of Alp towards the two Mythen peaks. The stately Au Convent and panoramic views of the Glarner Alps and the valley basin of Schwyz and Brunnen are feasts for the eyes.
Brunnen – Stans
This section includes a boat trip from Brunnen to Treib, the ancient refuge harbour at the point where cantons Uri, Schwyz and Nidwalden meet. The chapels along the way and the Winkelried memorial in Stans are worth seeing.
Stans – Sarnersee
Following the first ascent after Stans, impressive views open up to Stanser Boden, the Vierwaldstättersee and the Innerschweiz mountain peaks. Highpoint at the end of the section is the hermitage of Niklaus von Flüe and the Ranft chapels. In the end you reach the shores of Lake Sarnen with its emerald blue waters.
Flüeli affords outstanding views. The varied route follows the shores of the Sarneree and Lungernsee lakes and from Lungern church along the Brünigweg which, as a pilgrimage pfennig (coin) shows, was once a pilgrims’ path.
The trail leads along sunny slopes above the Brienzersee lake, allowing you to experience an exceptionally lovely landscape.
The hiking tour leads on comfortable forest trails, only on the leg to Stans on the shores of Lake Lucerne you have to deal with smaller trails. For the long legs you have to have a very good stamina.
Category: pretty 3*** hotels and country hotels
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage tranfer
- Boat ride Brunnen - Treib
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS data available
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Parking: public car park Brühl, approx. EUR 20 per day, park tickets are available in the tourist office of Einsiedeln, no reservation possible.
- Departure by train from Interlaken to Einsiedeln, duration approx. 3,5 hours.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!