The alpine cottages in Grisons
From Davos to St. Moritz.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Upon arrival in Davos transfer up to the Alp Clavadel at the foot of the Jakobshorn.
Davos - Sertigtal
At the beginning of your first hike you can visit a public dairy. After that you walk steeply uphill up to the Jakobshorn, the local mountain of Davos. From here you have the first great view of this hike of the surrounding mountains. The tour continues over the Jatzhorn and Tällifurgga into the Sertigtal. In the evening you can taste local specialties amidst the Grisons mountains.
The Sertigtal is considered one of the most beautiful mountain valleys of Grisons. On idyllic country roads the tour starts comfortably along a small stream before you follow a steep trail up Sertigpass. You pass several small mountain lakes before you reach the sparse Val Tschüvel. You spend the night in a SAC-cottage at the foot of Piz Kesch at over 2'600 meters.
Kesch cottage - Bergün
On the way down into the valley, you will pass several alpine cottages. The trail leads on a scenic path across a valley flank. Watch out: more than 5'000 ibexes are living in Grisons - maybe you can spot one of these shy animals. Back in civilization, you can admire the historic townscape of Bergün with beautiful houses in the style of the region Engadine.
In the morning you will be brought up to the Albula-Pass. From there you hike through the Val Bever towards the Jenatsch cottage. The cottage is picturesquely situated at the foot of the highest peaks of the Grisons mountains. The hut keepers Fridli and Claudia welcome you and upon wish even heat up the sauna. You will remember the sparkling starry sky above the Jenatsch cottage for a long time.
Again you will have to master a steep uphill until you reach Fuorcla Suvretta. The peaks Piz Picuogl, Piz Julier and Piz Albana escort you along the way to St. Moritz, one of the most famous mountain resorts worldwide. Spend the night on the Suvretta-hight with panoramic views of the lakes of St. Moritz and Silvaplana.
Individual departure or extra days
Moderate hikes with an average duration of approx. 5 - 6 hours per day. The tours leads mostly through alpine and rocky terrain. Surefootedness and good level of fitness is required.
Category: 3x alpine cabins, 3x 3***- hotels
- 6 overnight stays, breakfast included. Cottage: Davos (private room), Kesch cottage (shared room), Jenatsch cottage (dormitory). All cottages with shower / toilet on the floor.
- 3x Half board (in the alpine cabins)
- Luggage transfer (except nights in alpine cabins)
- Transfers according to program
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- By train to Davos, form there an organized transfer up to Alp Clavadel (included).
- Parking in Davos: public parking at the station ´Parsenn-Bahnen´, no reservation required.
- From St. Moritz with the Rhaetian Railway via Filisur back to Davos. Duration: approx. 1,5 hours.
- Single room only available in hotels, not available at overnights in the huts.