Rorschach – Trogen
The climb to the health resort of Heiden (Henri Dunant Museum) and to Kaienspitz is rewarded by extensive views of the Bodensee and to Alpstein. Then via Rehetobel down to Chastenloch and up to Trogen, a village where provincial assemblies were once held.
Trogen – Appenzell
From Trogen (AR) over two gentle hills with wonderful views of the Säntis, the city of St.Gallen, Bodensee and the undulating Appenzell region, to the wide valley basin of Appenzell with its richly-adorned «citizens' houses».
Appenzell – Urnäsch
The route from the Innerrhoder main town of Appenzell to Gontenbad (with natural moor bathing pool) is level. From there along the «Barfussweg» (barefoot path) to Jakobsbad and through forest and meadows to Urnäsch (AR) famous for its Silvesterkläuse (New Year tradition).
Urnäsch – Schwägalp
Along the small Urnäsch river, across meadows and fields, through dark coniferous forests and past cascading waterfalls up to Schwägalp - bottom station of the aerial cableway to the Säntis with its fantastic summit panorama.
Splendid hike to Lutertannen and over the Risipass vantage point to Stein in Toggenburg. Meadows and Alpine pastures, near-to-nature low-moor marshes and coniferous forests alternate in colourful sequence.
Apart from the first leg easy hikes await you. You have to bring good stamina for this walk. The trails are well-maintained and easy to walk.
Category: 3*** hotels, 2x 4****-Hotels in Schwägalp und Rorschach
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS data available
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Arrival by train to Rorschach.
- Parking: close to the railway station Rorschach, approx. EUR 5 per day, no reservation.
- Return travel by bus and train from Alt St. Johann via Buchs SG to Rorschach. Duration approx. 1,5 hours.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!