Emmental walking tours
From Lucerne to Berne
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Luzern - Wolhusen
You walk along the promenade out of the city, and through the Emmenbrücke (bridge). From there you reach the ridge of mountain Brunau Berg, where you follow the Kapellenweg (chapel path). The path leads along precious farmhouses and brings you back into the valley, where you follow river Emme to Wolhusen.
Wolhusen – Luthern Bad
From Wolhusen you continue to Wiggerewald. After a short while you walk along a nice river through a silent valley. At the Bärrüti a small path leads you up to an alpine panorama path, where you can enjoy beautiful views onto the surrounding peaks. At the end of your walking tour you reach Luthern Bad with its pilgrimage church Maria-Heilbronn.
Today the royal stage is awaiting you. Mountain Napf is with its 1.408 m the highest peak of the Emmental region, so an amazing view is guaranteed. Nevertheless the walk up, to enjoy a bewitching panorama onto the hills of the region is demanding. At the top a break in mountain hotel Napf is awaiting you before you walk along a panorama path to Lüderen alp.
You start from Lüderenalp to walk to the Stäckegrat. This route offers great views onto the peaks of the Alps. Finally you pass Trubschachen, which is one of the most beautiful villages in the Emmental region. This village is well known as birthplace for the Emmental cheese. Many big farmhouses, guesthouses and a small museum can be explored there.
From Langnau i.E. you walk to Moosegg. Over the rolling hills of the Emmental your route leads to the more densely populated areas in the vicinity of Bern. You walk over the Geissrügge to Worb, to the end of your hike. For the last kilometers you take the S-Bahn to the city center of Bern.
Easy walking tours in the hilly landscape of the Emmental region. The paths are in a good condition and easy to walk-on. However, numerous hills and longer stages are asking for a good stamina.
Category: 3*** hotels and country hotels
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Arrival by train via Zurich to Lucerne.
- Parking: Car park Kesselturm approx. EUR 12 per day, no reservation.
- Return journey from Berne to Lucerne by train in approx. 1 hour.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Rides with public transport, approx. EUR 10 per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!