Alpine Panorama Trail
From Appenzell to Einsiedeln.
- 6 Days / 5 Nights
- Self-guided Tour
Arrival in Appenzell
Appenzell – Schwägalp
The route from the Innerrhoder main town of Appenzell the trail climbs to Alp Wasserschaffen. On the Kronberg ridge, parallel to the Alpstein and with correspondingly fantastic views, you reach the summit. Then it's down through the dreamlike alpine landscape to Schwägalp to the valley station of the Säntis aerial cableway.
Splendid hike to Lutertannen and over the Risipass vantage point to Stein in Toggenburg. Meadows and Alpine pastures, near-to-nature low-moor marshes and coniferous forests alternate in colourful sequence.
The rather long ascent from Stein to the Vorderen Höhe is finally rewarded with wonderful views of the Glarner mountain peaks. A diverse high-level hike leads around the Gulmen, across to the Mattstock and down to Amden.
Amden - Einsiedeln
By bus down to Ziegelbrücke and with the train to Siebnen. A tough climb to Stöcklichrüz and a superb high-level hike around the northern end of Sihlsee lake to Einsiedeln. The St. Meinrads Chapel on Etzelpass and the house where Paracelsus was born are popular resting places, not just for pilgrims.
Departure or extension
Apart from the last two legs easy hikes await you. You have to bring good stamina for this walk. The trails are well-maintained and easy to walk.
| Season 1 |
14.05.2022 - 20.05.2022
24.09.2022 - 16.10.2022
| Season 2 |
21.05.2022 - 23.09.2022
|Alpine Panorama Trail, 6 days, CH-OSWAE-06X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||219.00||219.00|
Category: pretty 3*** hotels, 1x 4****-Hotel in Schwägalp
| Season 1 |
May 14, 2022 - May 20, 2022
Sep 24, 2022 - Oct 16, 2022
| Season 2 |
May 21, 2022 - Sep 23, 2022
|Double room p. P.||75.00||75.00|
|Surcharge single room||39.00||39.00|
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS data available
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Arrival by train to Appenzell.
- St. Gallen-Altenrhein or Zurich airport
- Parking: close to the hotel, approx. EUR 8 per day, no reservation.
- Return travel by train from Einsiedeln back to Appenzell, duration approx. 2 hours.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Fares for public transport, approx. EUR 10 per person.
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!