Hotel (example): Panorama
From Reschen to Burgeis
First along Reschensee reservoir and over to Graun, where you will find the best known camera motive of the Vinschau, the flooded spire of Gaun. The route runs past lake Haidersee and along the largest alluvial fan of the Alps and leads up to the idyllic mountain village Planeil. Downhill you walk through forest and later through flowering meadows to Burgeis, with view to the impressive monastery of Marienberg.
Hotel (example): Maraias
Walk along the Sonnensteig path, a newly created theme path with fantastic views of the snowy mountain peaks. High above the town Mals, with its many towers, onwards and over the Tartscher Bichl past ‚Ganglegg’, a historic archaeological site from the Bronze and Iron Age on to Schluderns, with the most impressive and best-preserved castles in South Tyrol.
Hotel (example): Saldur
From the foot of Sonnberg your walk starts and continues crossing through dense forests. Above Laas, well known for the white marble, you later reach the orchards of Vinschgau – apple trees as far as the eyes can see.
Hotel (example): Goldene Rose
Today you pass through the orchard of the Vinschgau. Along the Latschander Waal path you walk through regions of the best South Tyrolean wines. Continue on the archaeological path which almost takes you to Messners castle ‘Juval’, high above the valley. On a meandering trail downhill you reach Naturns.
Hotel (example): Kreuzwirt
From Naturns to Meran
High up you continue following the Rablander Waal path through forests, past Alpine mountain farms forever accompanied by stunning views of the Vinschgau valley. Follow Partschinser and Algunder Waal path down into the Meraner basin. Tired muscles get a chance to relax in the thermal spa.
Hotel (example): Flora
You walk mainly on good walking paths, often on the so called ‘Waal paths’, ancient water systems as well as on paved sections. The paths are easy to walk, the route is undulating through lovely countryside, dotted with orchards and vineyards. Longer ascents only occur on two of the days. We recommend a good basic fitness level for walking days of up to 6.5 hours. Shortcuts of daily sections are possible by train or coach.
Category: pretty 3***-hotels and country hotels
- 6 overnight stays, breakfast included
- If half-board: min. 3-course meal
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome meeting
- Vinschgau-Card with numerous inclusive services
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents
- GPS Data is available
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- By train to Landeck (North Tyrol) and by bus approx. 1.5 hrs. to Reschen. Or by train via Bolzano and Meran to Mals (South Tyrol) and by bus to Reschen in approx. 30 minutes.
- Parking: Free parking at the hotel. No reservation required.
- Return transfer from Meran by Vinschgau train in approx. 1.5 hrs. to Mals and from there approx. 30 minutes to Reschen.
- Organized return transfer to Reschen from Merano EUR 50 per person (transfers only Sat/Sun/Mon) Reservation requested, payable on-site.
- Any visitor’s taxes are not included in the tour price and payable on site
- Other starting days upon request