Piedmont - Liguria
From vineyards to the sunny Riviera.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Alba
Discover the gourmet town of Alba with its pretty old centre and countless bars and restaurants inviting you to sample Piedmontese delicacies.
Hotel (example): Calissano
Alba – Monforte
An enchanting hike leads you through the vineyards with a fabulous view onto the Langhe-region. Via La Morra, renowned for its numerous wine stores, you continue along grape vines of the famous Barolo-wine into the ‚centre of grapes’, the world-renowned little village of Barolo. Here you take a stroll through the alleyways to the fort and enjoy a glass of this noble wine. Onwards along a forest path into the stunningly beautiful village of Monforte situated on a hilltop.
Hotel (example): Grappolo d'Oro
Monforte – Bossolasco
Initially you walk on undulating terrain through vineyards, soon however you come across more and more hazelnut groves and reach the picturesque villages of Roddino and Serravalle, where you enjoy a panoramic view from the so-called ‚Langhe-balcony’. You ascend along hiking trail to the ‚Alta Langa’, where the village of roses ‚Bossolasco’ awaits you with wonderfully fragrant flowers and an impressive location at the top of a mountain chain.
Hotel (example): Bellavista
Bossolasco – Millesimo
You walk along the mountain chain and past grazing herds of sheep towards Murazzano, where the famous cheese is produced. Then across remote farmland and vast cornfields with views onto the snow-capped Maritime Alps you ascend today onto the highest hilltop of the Langhe-region. Old stone houses and chapels line your path, on a clear day you can even see the sea! Short transfer into the little town of Millesimo, whose old part of town is considered one of Italy’s most beautiful town centres, the ‚Borghi piu belli d`Italia’.
Hotel (example): La Gaietta
Millesimo – Bardineto
Today you hike your first stage in the region of Liguria. After a short transfer up to the Melogno-pass you continue along the high-altitude path ‚Alta Via dei Monti Liguri’ through endless beech forest. Via a mountain trail you reach the Monte Carmo summit, from this peak the sea seems within one’s reach. In the evening you reach the little village of Bardineto, situated amidst wooded mountain chains and is particularly renowned for its mushroom specialities.
Hotel (example): Maria Nella
Bardineto – Albenga
You can look forward to a fantastic hike along the Ligurian long-distance hiking path ‚Sentiero Liguria’. Spectacular panoramic views onto mountains, coastline and islands accompany your path, meandering along the mountain ridge towards the sea. The leisurely option leads you into the medieval village of Castelvecchio and downhill to Zuccarello, from where you take the bus to Albenga. Today your overnight stay is located directly at the sea: so enjoy a dip in the waves before you sample the local fish at the beach restaurant.
Hotel (example): Marisa
Albenga – San Remo
As a finale a coastal hike with great views awaits! Initially you walk along the sea then you ascend to the ‚Alta Via Baia del Sole’. A truly amazing hiking path along fragrant Macchia-bushes leading you via the peak of the Monte Bignone. Then across terraced fields and fruit groves you descend into the coastal village of Alassio, where you get to experience the flair of Italian ice-cream cafés and neat lidos. Spectacular views onto the turquoise-blue sea at the ‚flower riviera’ accompany you along your train ride into the famous town of San Remo.
Hotel (example): Lolli Palace
During the first few stages in the Langhe-region you walk on undulating terrain on gravel-, forest- and dirt paths as well as on stoney trails across the mountains, where surefootedness is required during short sections. Along the coast narrow trails await, beautiful hiking paths particularly with great views. With nearly all daily hiking tours there are easier options to choose from.
Category: 3***-hotels, Alba 4****
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Transfers according to program
- Wine tasting in the Piedmont-region (English)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Airport transfer Milano (Malpensa, Linate) – Alba: EUR 230 up to 3 persons, EUR 270 up to 7 persons, EUR 340 from 8 persons, duration approx. 2 hours.
- Airport transfer Milano (Orio al Serio) – Alba: EUR 280 up to 3 persons, EUR 340 up to 7 persons, EUR 390 from 8 persons, duration approx. 2,5 hours.
- Airport transfer Turin (Caselle) – Alba: EUR 140 up to 3 persons, EUR 180 up to 7 persons, EUR 230 from 8 persons, duration approx. 1,5 hours.
- Organised return transfer from San Remo to Alba € 80,- per person (transfer only on Saturdays), duration approx. 2.5 hours. Reservation in advance required, payable on site.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Airport Turin or Milan. Train journey from Turin to Alba in approx. 1.5 hours (1x change of trains), or in approx. 3 hours from Milan to Alba (2x change of trains).
- Train journey to Alba.
- Parking: Hotel parking spaces approx. EUR 15 per day. No reservation in advance possible.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- On arrival in July and August two overnights in San Remo instead of the overnight stay in Albenga.
- Short ride with public transport to Albenga, approx. EUR 7 per person
- Train journey Alassio – San Remo EUR 6 per person
- On arrival in July and August train journeys to/from San Remo, approx. EUR 12 per person
- Special dates on request
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!