Sweet Chestnut- & Vineyard Walk
The Heart of South Tyrol.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Stroll through the arcades of Brixen, see the marvellous dome district and the Bishop’s castle.
Brixen – Klausen
From Brixen you walk on mountain Pfeffersberg. Following the terraces you pass little hamlets and mountain farms. To the south you enjoy a panorama view of mighty Dolomite peaks. Reach Feldthurns and the monastery Säben, the “Acropolis of South Tyrol“ and then you reach Dürer town Klausen.
After a short coach transfer to Barbian you walk on Ritten, a marvellous high plateau above Eisack valley with stunning views to the Dolomites and the Schlern Massif. In the afternoon you pass the famous earth pyramids before taking the cable car down to Bozen.
Today you explore the famous vineyards around the most famous lake of South Tyrol, Lake Kalterer See. Fortresses, castles, monasteries and courtyards are dotted between the vineyards, characteristic for today’s walking stage. A must for wine-lovers is a visit of South Tyrols wine museum in Kaltern, giving a good introspection into the history of wine in South Tyrol.
Round trip Tramin
The South Tyrolean Wine Street: a hot tip for wine-lovers. Picturesque vineyards and fascinating country, the largest wine-cellars and many famous wine-producers can be found here. Enjoy the wonderful view from the Alteburg over the whole vineyard.
You walk on marked walking paths, mainly through meadows and forests. The Dolomites remain in view but you will encounter no rocky paths during the way. A good basic fitness level for walking times up to 6 hrs is required. Some stages can be shortened by public transport.
Category: partly 4**** hotels, mostly 3*** hotels and country hotels
- 6 overnight stays, breakfast included
- If halfboard: min. 3-course menu
- Luggage transfer
- Welcome meeting
- Transfers according to program
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- By train to Brixen and a few walking minutes to the hotel.
- Parking: Hotel garage approx. EUR 50 per week or hotel car park approx. EUR 18 per week. No reservation possible, payable locally.
- Return from Merano to Brixen by train in approx. 1.5 hrs. or organized return transfer EUR 130 per fare (1-8 persons). Booking in advance required, payable on-site.
- Any visitor’s taxes are not included in the tour price and payable on site
- Number of participants: min. 2 persons
- Special arrangements for groups of min. 5 persons possible