Cornwall’s Coastal Paths
Great Britains Very South.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Roundtrip „Inland Lake“
From Helston, the capital of „Lizard Peninsula“ you start on a comfortable round trip to the largest inland lake of Cornwall named Loe Pool. Walk into the forests of Penrose and to the little fisher port Porthleven and back to Helston.
Short taxi transfer from Lizard Peninsula to Manacan, where you can observe the tranquil water and forested bank of Frenchman creek. Follw the coastal path with magnificent cliffs and sandy beaches to little port Porthallow to the village St. Keverne.
Roundtrip „Coastal Path“
At first you walk south past green fields to the coast of Coverack with pretty houses surrounding the port. Then you return on the coastal path, from rocky cliffs to flat shingle beaches. You pass the „Manacles“, an infamous rock near the coast which caused 150 shipwrecks.
St. Keverne - Mullion
You walk along the South West Coast Path through the amazing, green and varied nature. Follow your route through the small fishing village of Coverack, which can be dated back until medieval times. The trail leads you to Kennack Sands and further on to the Lizard peninsula. From there you take the bus to Mullion, the biggest village of the peninsula with lots of Pubs, retaurants and museums.
Catch the coach down to Lizard, the southernmost tip of Great Britain. This place has been a popular holiday destination since the Victorian age. From the famous lighthouse you follow the most dramatic and beautiful stage of the coastal path back to Mullion.
Walk over soft hills along footpaths and on boardwalks over the moor to the coast with fisher village Gunwalloe. Walk on Halzephron cliff with sceniv views on Loe Bar and Porthleven. Continue on the coastal path along little coves as e.g. Church Cove and Poldhu Cove back to Mullion.
Amazing panorama walks not only along the fascinating coast of Cornwall but also into the picturesque heart of the country. The terrain is easy and the path well-maintained, however we ask you to be cautious with cliff coasts. For the majority of the days there are always a longer and a shorter option to choose from.
Category: mainly B&B's, partly typical country inns
Extra nights upon request in each day finish!
- 7 overnight stays, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer (1 pc of luggage per person)
- Transfer to Manacan on the 3rd day
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents
Arrival / Departure
- By air to London, underground to London-Paddington and by train to Redruth (www.nationalrail.co.uk). From Redruth by coach to Helston (www.firstgroup.com), Duration approx. 5 hrs. or organized transfer, EUR 65 per fare.
- By air to Newquay and by taxi to Helston, EUR 120 per fare.
- Return from Mullion to Helston by coach, duration approx. 30 minutes or transfer from Mullion to Redruth, EUR 95 per fare. To Newquay Airport organized transfer, EUR 135 per fare.
- Note: Reservation needed, payable in advance for all transfers.
- Number of participants: min. 2 persons