Arrival in Burntisland
Discover this small village in the bay off Edinburgh. From the Binn hill you can take a first look at the surrounding coastal landscape.
Burntisland – Leven
Countless ruins and old structures stand testimony to the long history of the Kingdom of Fife. You walk on long sandy beaches, visit the House of the Harbourmaster in Drysal and finally reach Buckhaven. Take the Taxi to Leven.
Leven – Elie/St. Monans
For the first time, discover the small fishing villages and harbours in this region with this classic hiking tour along the Scottish coast. The views of the picturesque sandy beaches just before Elie are wonderful. Comfortable walk to St. Monans.
Elie/St. Monans – Crail
One village follows the other in this section. The streets of the village of Pittenweem are idyllic, while the port of Anstruther is lively. You will find the best Fish & Chips here by far. Continue on scenic trails to Crail.
Crail – St. Andrews
The wildest section of Fife Coastal Paths takes you through sparsely populated areas. The ruins of the cathedral greet you from afar and show you the way to the golf and university town of St. Andrews over the last few kilometres.
St. Andrews – Dundee
Travel by bus to Leuchars and hike through the nature reserve of Tentsmuir. You cross an idyllic forest and reach one of the most beautiful beaches of Scotland. You can catch the bus to Dundee from the port of Tayport.
Departure or extension
You occasionally walk on asphalt roads around the villages. Otherwise the hikes trails are largely on well-maintained and easy paths. There are almost no differences in altitude, but good physical condition is required for the long stages.
Category: 3*-hotels, B&B`s
Extra night prices in Edinburgh upon request
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS-tracks available
- Service hotline
Arrival / Departure:
- Airport Edinburgh. By shuttlebus into the center and from the train station Edinburgh Waverley via train (www.nationalrail.com) in about 45 minutes to Burntisland.
- Return train journey from Dundee to Edinburgh via train, approx. 1.5 hours.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Taxi from Buckhaven to Leven, approx. EUR 9 per way
- Bus fares on day 2 and day 6, approx. EUR 11 per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!