Coastal hike in Scotland
The Kingdom of Fife.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Leven
Leven – Elie/St. Monans
Discover the small fishing villages and docks of the region for the first time on this Scottish coastline classic. Impressive are the views of the picturesque sandy beaches. After a walk through the small fishing village of Elie you hike to St. Monans.
Loop tour Isle of May
Like a huge iceberg, the Isle of May towers over the horizon and accompanies you during the hikes on the first days. The island is a true natural paradise and the perfect place to watch seals, puffins and many other animals. From Anstruther you can reach the island and have the possibility of a short circular walk there.
Elie/St. Monans – Crail
A beautiful fishing village joins this hiking section to the next. Idyllic presents the streets of the village Pittenweem, colorful and lively the harbor of Anstruther. Here you can expect the best fish and chips far and wide! On promising paths, it goes on to Crail.
Crail – St. Andrews
A bird sanctuary awaits you shortly after Crail. The hike continues past some golf courses to the wildest section of the Fife Coastal Path. This leads you through sparsely populated area to a pristine coastal landscape. From a distance greet the ruins of the cathedral and point you in the last few kilometers the way to the golf and university town of St. Andrews.
Loop tour Tentsmuir
Bus trip to Leuchars and hike through the nature reserve of Tentsmuir. You will cross a picturesque forest on your way to one of the most beautiful beaches in Scotland. Continue on cozy forest trails to the port of Tayport. From there you can take the bus back to St. Andrews.
Departure or extension
You occasionally walk on asphalt roads around the villages. Otherwise the hikes trails are largely on well-maintained and easy paths. There are almost no differences in altitude, but good physical condition is required for the long stages.
lovely 3*-hotels and B&B`s
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Boat cruises Antsruther – Isle of May - Anstruther
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS data available
- Service hotline
Arrival / Departure:
- Airport Edinburgh, by bus into the center and from there by bus in approx. 2 hours to Leven.
- Return journey from St. Andrews to Edinburgh by bus, approx. 2.5 hours.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Bus fares Tayport – St. Andrews, approx. EUR 11 per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!