Arrival in Königswinter
Today you are headed for the legendary Mount Drachenfels, probabley the most renowned mountain of the Siebengebirge. It is even considered Germany’s most climbed peak. You are off the the lower terminus of the Drachenfelsbahn-tram. From there you ascend to the Nibelungenhalle-hall. Only the very bravest amongst you dare to visit the dragon in the dragon cave here. Past the reptile zoo and Drachenburg-castle you proceed uphill to Mount Drachenfels. You hike via the Nachtigallental-valley back to Königswinter. If you prefer a more leisurely hike simply cut the ascent short by taking a ride with the Drachenfelsbahn-tram.
Bonn – Königswinter
Gleefully you take a boat ride on the rive Rhine to Bonn in the afternoon. There is time left for you to get to know the city. For instance visit one of the numerous museums, stroll through countless parks or embark on a guided tour for children. After that you learn much about our solar system during the planet-educational trail. Back to Königswinter you walk leisurely along the promenade. Alternative you can start on the morning kick off the hiking tour from Königswinter and proceed along the Rhine to Bonn and then take the boat back on the early afternoon.
After all these enjoyable hiking days you have really earned a break from hiking. But again today an exciting day in Königswinter awaits. You leisurely stroll to the SEA LIFE. There you will experience the colourful underwater world up close! In Germany’s unique 360-degree glass tunnel it will feel just like as if you are under water. Discover more than 2000 animals in 36 aquariums and pool enclosures. Here you can even glance at a ghost ship in the ray-enclosure and watch giant sharks in the 7-metres deep Atlantis-pool. SEA LIFE becomes a particularly impressive experience especially during the allocated feeding times.
The scenery of the Siebengebirge-nature park was shaped by volcanoes and also produced rocks and stones, which were quarried and used to build Cologne cathedral in the Middle Ages. Along the 200 possible hiking kilometres of the Siebengebierge-mountains you keep coming across ancient quarries. You too can discover them during an exciting circular walk around Mount Petersberg today. Past the mystic Haisterbach monastery ruin you walk through the ‚Dollendorfer Hardt‘ with marvellous long-distance views onto the Rhine river valley and the Siebengebirge-mountains. You may even come across a fire salamander or a peregrine, two of over 80 species of fauna and flora which are critically endangered, however can still be found in the Siebengebirge-mountains.
Departure or extension
You mainly walk along well-maintained hiking paths, roads with very little traffic and along the Rhine-river promenade.
| Season 1 |
01.04.2022 - 25.06.2022
08.08.2022 - 08.10.2022
| Season 2 |
26.06.2022 - 07.08.2022
09.10.2022 - 23.10.2022
|Siebengebirge for families, 6 days, DE-NWAKK-06X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge half board (5x) (evening meal: mostly multi-course from the buffet)||99.00||99.00|
|Surcharge half board (5x) children aged 6-15 (evening meal: mostly multi-course from the buffet)||59.00||59.00|
|Extra bed 6-15 years||199.00||199.00|
|Surcharge single room||199.00||199.00|
Category: 3***-S JUFA hotel Königswinter/Bonn
Child prices valid when staying in a room with 2 full paying adults.
| Season 1 |
Apr 1, 2022 - Jun 25, 2022
Aug 8, 2022 - Oct 8, 2022
| Season 2 |
Jun 26, 2022 - Aug 7, 2022
Oct 9, 2022 - Oct 23, 2022
|Double room p. P.||59.00||65.00|
|Extra bed 6-15 years||29.00||29.00|
|Extra bed from 16 years||59.00||65.00|
- Accommodation in JUFA Hotel Königswinter/Bonn
- 1 Boat trip from Königswinter to Bonn
- 1 Entrance fee to Sea Life Königswinter
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- App for Navigation and GPS-data available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal: rich hotel buffet
- Arrival by train to Königswinter and then a short walk of approx. 15 min or by taxi in a few minutes to the hotel.
- Köln/Bonn airport.
- Parking: free hotel parking spaces. No reservation necessary.
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Ascent by Drachenfelsbahn-tram, approx. EUR 8 per adult and approx. EUR 5 per child up to age of 13
- Entrance fee Nibelungenhalle with reptile zoo, approx. EUR 6 per adult and approx. EUR 4 per child up to 14 years
- Entrance fee castle Drachenburg, approx. EUR 7 per adult and approx. EUR 5 per child
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!