Mundane Sea Resorts & Tranquil Fisher Villages.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
The amber-town Ribnitz-Damgarten is located between the hanseatic cities Rostock and Stralsund, on the south bank of a chain of coastal lagoons connected with the Baltic Sea.
Before you start you should visit the amber-museum in the ancient St. Catherine museum. In Klockenhagen we recommend visiting the open air museum before you reach the lovely Fischland beaches at sea bath Dierhagen.
Walk along the beach and the dyke to Wustrow or Ahrenshoop. This place has a long sea-faring tradition, historic architecture and culture. In Wustrow you find the smallest piece part of the peninsula Fischland-Darß-Zingst. Short bus fare to your hotel in Prerow.
You either walk via Born along the reed-lined shores of the Bodden before you embark on your return journey through the Darßwald-forest to Prerow, or you enjoy a day of rest in the bay of Prerow, which is considered one of the most beautiful European beaches featuring fine, prestine white sand.
The western beach is a typical nature beach with forests growing to the edge of the dunes. The first tree line often is wind swept, called “wind catcher”. Walk along the wild beach to Darßer Ort with lighthouse, and then return to Prerow.
Cross the dyke to Zingst and walk on many roads around or through the traditional sea resort. Via the bridges of Meinigen you leave Zingst and follow the old train terrace to Barth. Here you find a maze of alleys, little cafés and historic buildings as e.g. a beautiful old granary ort he 35 m high gate from the 15th century.
You usually walk on hiking trails and paved bike paths, and along on flat forest and meadow paths and along the beach. Longer distances can be shortened by bus / ship.
Category: Middleclass hotels and country hotels
Extra nights upon request at all overnight stays
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS data available
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Airport Rostock and in approx. 1,5 hours to Ribnitz-Damgarten.
- By train to Ribnitz-Damgarten West, from Berlin approx. 3.5 hours. from Hamburg approx. 2.5 hours. A few walking minutes to the hotel.
- Car parking: free, unguarded car park near to the hotel. No reservation requested.
- Return from Barth to Ribnitz-Damgarten by train in approx. 1 hour.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Bus fares Wustrow/Ahrenshoop – Prerow approx. EUR 5 per person
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!