Costal hike Corsica
The Gulf of Porto.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Porto Ota
Circular walk Girolata
Short transfer to Col de la Croixat the foot of Monte Senino. From here you walk down the the well-known village Girolata. The red cliffs of nature reserve Scandola will guide you and make a lovely setting for todays walk. On your way back, you follow one of Corsicas most famous trails: the long distance path Tra Mare et Monti. In the afternoon transfer back to Porto.
Transfer to the little village Ota, located inland. You follow the ‚Tra Mare e Monti’ along narrow trails through a little gorge until you reach the ridge of Capu San Petru. From here you enjoy a magnificent view onto the Gulf of Porto. After a steep descent you return to the little coastal village of Porto Ota.
From Porto Ota to Piana
The route starts slightly outside of Porto Ota and you walk through the pine forests of Piana. The route continues along hillsides and lateron leads you via rocky paths downhill into a gentle valley. You walk past a picnic spot and finally reach Piana, which is justly considered one of the most beautiful villages in France.
Circular walk Piana
From Piana you ascend to the Piazza Moninca. Summiteers have the option to dare a detour from here high up to the Capu d'Orto and enjoy an amazing panoramic view onto the hinterland. Afterwards the route continues along idyllic paths back to Piana.
From Piana to Cargèse
Transfer to the Gulf of Topiti. You walk past ‚Punta di Orchinu’ and then from here to Chiuni beach. Afterwards your coastal walk leads you to the Gulf of Peru. During this day, little beach resorts alternate again and again with fabulous viewpoints on rocky cliffs. Again you pass by some ‚Genueser Tower’-ruins until you reach the charming harbour town Cargèse.
Circular walk Cargèse
You now leave the town and head for the Punta di Cargèse. After a detour to this cape you walk across the harbour and up to the nearby Ravin de Sola-hillside. After that you return to the Gulf of Peru. From here it is only a stone’s throw back to Cargèse.
Departure or extension
Characteristics of the route
The coasts of Corsica are rocky and can be slippery, especially in wet conditions. Surefootedness and a good physical condition are therefore necessary for these walks. Some short stages are exposed. For these sections, you should be free from giddiness.
Category: charming 2**-and 3***-hotels (French classifying)
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Transfers according to program
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English, French)
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Organized arrival transfers from Ajaccio to Porto Ota, cost EUR 190 or from Calvi to Porto Ota, cost EUR 180
- Organized return transfers from Cargèse to Ajaccio, cost EUR 120 or from Cargèse to Calvi, cost EUR 240.
- All prices per fare, reservation necessary, payable in advance.
Arrival / Departure:
- Airport Ajaccio or Calvi. By bus (www.corsicabus.org) to Porto Ota, cost approx. EUR 17 per fare, approx. 2,5 hours.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Note for arrival by plane: during low season there are only a few connections with public transports to Porto Ota.
- Extra nights in Ajaccio upon request
- Special dates on request
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!