Arrival in Yeni Erenköy/Agios Thyrsos
The route takes you along a mountain ridge with marvellous views onto the sea. En route you come across rock tombs and two ancient statues located hidden behind bushes. Today’s Day Finish is the monastery Eleousa.
Eleousa – Dipkarpaz
Hiking tour to Dipkarpaz, the final village on the peninsula. The village consists of lots of little scattered harms with gardens and fields, lemon- and orange groves. Hibiscus, jasmin, bougainvillea and oleander blossoms embellish the houses.
Loop Tour Karpasia
Initially you are headed for the deserted, protected Ronnas-beach, an important reserve for sea turtles. The endangered Loggerhead-species and the rare green turtle deposit their eggs here on the beach. You proceed along the coast to the ancient site Karpasia. Column shafts, rock tombs, capitals, a Byzantine church ruin and even a mosaic can be marvelled at. Whilst snorkling in the ancient harbour, topped by palm trees, you might discover an ancient amphora. After a break in one of the comfortable bars and restaurants you return to your hotel.
Dipkarpaz – South Coast
Hiking tour through olive groves to the forgotten ‚Urania‘. You walk across the ridge with marvellous views onto the Norther and Southern shores of the peninsula. Keep your eyes peeled for orchids: Karpas is said ti be home of 30 different types of orchids. The following three nights you spend in a comfortalbe little seaside hotel with a tiny fishing harbour. Your host is out there himself catching fish.
Loop Tour Turtle Beach
Coastal hiking tour to the 4-km long sandy beach ‚Golden Beach‘, which is considered the third-most important beach for breeding sea turtles in the Mediterranean. Between the end of May until the beginning of August female sea turtles emerge from the sea in the evening and dig shallow pit in the sand and deposit their eggs in them. Per season 350 nests are counted on the 12 beaches on Karpas peninsula, with up to 200 eggs per nest. Short transfer from the beach restaurant back to your hotel.
Loop Tour Cape Andreas
Today you walk in the heart of the Karpas National Park. In the morning short transfer to the Andreas-monastery, an important pilgrimage site for both Greek as well as Turkish people. For certain will you see a shy wild donkey during your hike, there are lots oft hem around here. Your final destination is Cape Andreas, where once seafarers were greeted by an Aphrodite-temple. Andouin’s gulls, peregrines and even endangered monk seals are at home here. Many ancient ship wrecks were discovered by divers on the little islands only a few metres away from here. Short transfer from the Andreas-monastery back to your hotel.
Departure or extension
Characteristics of the route
Easy to moderate hiking tours with walking times between 4 and 6.5 hours. You walk via ridges with stupendous panorama and along the coast. The hiking tours can easily be managed with a good basic fitness level.
Category: comfortable, familial, characteristic accommodations, situated mostly at the beach
Extra nights upon request in every stage finish
- 7x overnight stay as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Transfers according to program
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- Service hotline
- Airport transfers Ercan (Turkish part) to Yeni Erenköy/Agios Thyrsos at arrival and from Karpas peninsula return € 200,-.
- Airport transfer Larnaka (Greek part) to Yeni Erenköy/Agios Thyrsos at arrival and from Karpas peninsula return € 260,-.
- All prices per fare for 1 to 3 people. Booking required, payable on site.
Arrival / Departure:
- Ercan airport (Turkish part) or Larnaca airport (Greek part). Simply by optional transfer to Yeni Erenköy/Agios Thyrsos and return there at the end of the holiday.
- Arrival and departure not recommended by public transport.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price.
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!