Walking & Wellness.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Starting at Sulzberg you walk along the Schwarzenbach stream over to the Wildrosenmoos. An amazing moor landscape unfurls in front of you. Onwards to the Vorderschweinhöf, into the nature reserve Trogener Moors. A very unspoilt area with lots to see and explore. The last section of this tour leads you from German soil back into Austria.
The first highlight of today’s tour takes you to the waterfall on the Eibelesmühle. From this high plain you have a sensational view onto the nearby Nagelfluhkette group. Then along the stream Weißbach to Willis. There you have the opportunity to visit a destillery in Oberstaufen and experience at first hand how spirit and snaps is destilled.
Sulzberg - Lingenau
Today’s route leads you to your next overnight stay. Walk via Krumbach across stunning scenery, characterised by farm houses, along the reservoir Bolgenach. From Rotenberg mountain along a forest-educational-trail downhill into the valley. You walk through a light forest, marbled with numerous forest and root paths, and come across silver firs and copper beeches. From afar you can make out Lingenau.
Cross the Subersach on the little wire bridge, an amazing experience! Then continue through the district Mühle near Egg. From here walk along the river Bregenzerach, an inlet of Lake Constance, until you leave the forest and walk through the villages of Kränzen and Fehren. The Rotenberg-walking path takes you just below the summit, bofore you continue via the Lingenau-Heidach-Tobel downhill into the valley to Lingenau.
Lingenau - Reuthe
From Lingenau the tour takes you around the Stangstattkogel summit. On this mountain ridge, after a short while, you reach the ‚Hennenbergvorsäss’, a high moor heath. A true paradise for various plants and moor flora. In Andelsbuch take the cable car up to the Niederalpe and enjoy the magnificent panorama all the way to Lake Constance. After that return by cable car to the valley to Bezau and then onwards to Reuthe.
Bus ride to Mellau and then via mountain railway up to the hunting lodge at just below 1400 m in altitude. The route leads through Alpine terrain past the Vorder- and Hinterbleichtenalpe, then downhill into a shady valley. There you walk along the stream Mellenbach to a goat alpine pasture. If you feel hungry you can indulge in a snack break and a glass of goats milk, before you start your return towards Mellau.
Easy to medium walking tours. For walking tours with an average walking time of approx. 4 to 6.5 hours a good basic fitness level is essential. Cable car rides take you in parts into Alpine terrain. Also with descents towards rivers surefootedness is required.
Category: 3***hotels and B&Bs
- 7x overnight stays in selected category, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer
- Bregenz Forest-Card numerous services included (amongst others cable car rides, public transportation, admission to indoor swimming pools)
- 4x admission to the spa area in the individual Day Finishes
- (daily admission with Category Charm)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel and tour documents 1x per room (German, English)
- Service hotline
- If half board: min. 3-course evening meal
- Organized return transfer from Reuthe to Sulzberg, EUR 75 per fare. Advance booking essential, payable in advance.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Train journey to Bregenz. From there by local bus in approx. 30 minutes to Sulzberg.
- Parking in Sulzberg: hotel parking spaces free of charge, no reservation.
- Return journey by bus and taxi complicated, several changes necessary.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!